We are having three days of what was once normal summer weather. I am taking full advantage. Yesterday I weeded this flower bed. It was laden with weeds. I had to carefully maneuver my way into the inner area to pull weeds and vines. Me trading carefully is a laughable idea, since I can barely walk without tumbling over, but somehow I managed not to fall and destroy what I was trying to clear. This flower bed took four hours to weed and my body knows it.
This wildly overgrown patch is next on the list but may need to wait until tomorrow, the last day of a working temperature. Today will be a less stressful-on-my-body day. Just some general cleanup, maybe some mowing. Then more weeding Thursday.
This overgrown spot will be tilled for Iris transplant later this year. I have many that need a new home. The daylily population, here and everywhere not pictured, all come from the few I brought with me from my home in Saint Paul, as well as the yellowish iris which are also in abundance. It's a pleasant remembrance of that grand old house.
Enjoy a stroll through a garden.
2 comments:
I'm glad the weather allowed you to get outside for some gardening. It's a good thing Gary enjoys it because I sure don't. He has trouble keeping up as we have so many. Only in the 60s today....feels good.
Yesterday we had hail and over half an inch of rain.
I was weeding the other day and while I rested afterwards I cwatched Ants Country Life on YouTube. He was weeding!
Post a Comment