Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, July 4, 2022

My purple potato salad! 

The purple sweet potato made a good substitute for the fingerlings I usually use. Firm and not sweet, a perfect combination with vinegar and tarragon. I don't like BBQ sauce so I use dijon mustard, liquid smoke and.....Old Bay. Not just for fish!




We had a wonderful soaking rain for three hours this morning. If all those fireworks the neighbor set off last night were what make the sky open up and rain, I guess it was worth it. There will be more tonight, maybe more rain? Maybe while they are doing their boom boom.

We haven't plans for this day, other than what we do every day. Monday is laundry day, so I'm doing that. Mark is cleaning the barn and Keetah is wondering what happened to her hearing. Mark said this morning the only member of this household that isn't damaged in some way is Frieda. Oh, good god, we are in trouble. 

Enjoy the day.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We had fireworks down at the lake last night too...weekend people just cannot seem to celebrate without fireworks. I wish the Sheriff would throw them all in jail:)

Sandra said...

It's one thing that's illegal, done right out in the open and it's ok. You must live in a lake cabin area. That cannot be easy during holidays.