Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Yesterday was mild and breezy. It finally felt like a soup day. 

So soup we had. The flavorless squash worked really well in soup, so now I know what I can do with it. There's a lot of squash.


Autumn is in the air. I'm picking tomatoes in large amounts daily, but even so, it's autumn. Don't you love this time of year? Nice, temperate days, cool crisp evenings. Soon to be lighting a fire. I so enjoy the slow, cozy feel of this time and the winter to come. Part of my DNA may come from the hot and arid Sicily, but one wouldn't know it. I surely must be from the fjords of Norway. Yet, I'm a non-Northern European Minnesotan. In the lingo of my land, go figure.

I'll leave it at this. 


6 comments:

Boud said...

I love the reduced humidity and the window open all night, sounds of crickets.

Sandra said...

The crickets do a concert every night. I like it, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

we are getting some wild fire smoke. We open the windows in the early morning and then close them and let the air purifier do its work. WE got some rain but not much, the trees are changing color fast1

Sandra said...

We aren't getting the smoke like you are, Far Side. We need some rain. I have maples along the driveway and they are changing fast. My kind of weather!

Lori Skoog said...

I am also loving the change in the weather. Nights have been in the high 40s and soup is tasting so good! Our tomatoes are just about done....have to pickle some beets soon.

Sandra said...

Lori, I have 5 tomato plants that are just about done, but the yellow plum and roma are going nuts! Eggplant has a few more coming. Beets and I do not see eye to eye. :)