Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Troubles

 

We are on a medical mystery tour. Mark had a biopsy on several areas of the prostate and four of the five are cancerous. He has a bone scan scheduled for next week as bone cancer is common with prostate cancer. We have a consult appointment with the urologist the following week. He saw the dermatologist yesterday and a cancerous area that was removed on his arm looks concerning to him so he has referred Mark to another clinic that can do imaging testing on it. Mark has always been fit and healthy. This is a shock for both of us. 

Now my part of the medical mystery tour. I am regressing physically. I now need a cane to walk, it's no longer just added support. I wear out and become out of breath quickly. I had just mopped about ten square feet of the living room floor and had to quit. So I decided while I rested I'd write about the problems. After the news with Mark I didn't want to deal with my own health but today I decided not to wait and made an appointment for myself. It's time this gets treated like something serious. 

So, that's the story. The old fogies are falling apart before their very eyes. Well, I'm visibly falling apart. Mark still looks ten years younger than he actually is. People are going to start thinking I'm his mother.

6 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Oh crap.
I'm at loss for words but can only say I think I understand a little bit.
No one knows how it feels until they walk in your shoes.

Hopefully you get some good answers for the both of you soon.

Pixie said...

Well, that sucks but at least Mark knows now and is having followup. It's good he's having a bone scan too. Is he having a CT?

As for you, there's something wrong if you get that short of breath, that quickly. I'm glad you're both being seen by docs. Take care.

Boud said...

I'm so sorry about what you're both having to deal with. Hoping for better days. But very sad about today.

Lori Skoog said...

It's good that you are ready to get yourself to a Doctor so you can get some help and it sounds like Mark will be busy with appointments for awhile. Gary has spent a lot of time with dermatologists having many biopsies and is waiting to hear about them now. Aging has a way of kicking us in the a$$. Better to get ahead of it if you can. Hang in there and keep moving. When I found out I needed a pacemaker, the bottom part of my heart was beating at 30....(top at 90 to compensate) had an outrageous impact on my energy level and I definately was not breathing normally. My GP caught it during an appointment and sent me to a cardiologist for an echocardiogram. Who knows how long that was going on? Do the best you can.... I am forwarding all the positive energy I can muster.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This was certainly not good news to read and I imagine even more difficult to post about. Of course, Mark’s results are concerning, but yours are too. It is good that you made an appointment which hopefully will result in some answers.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So sorry that Mark got bad reports. It is so much to take in, but seeing Doctors and getting a plan will help. Getting old sucks.