Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Jumping and Other Such Things

Mr. Ever Vigilant 



As you can see, the sofas are in slipcovers. The dining room chairs are upholstered parson chairs and this young fellow finds them perfect for claw sharpening. The very reason there are slipcovers on the sofas. I now will be buying covers for the chairs that I purchased in 1982 and have not been bothered until this young rascal showed up. He claws with purpose.

The weather has been fabulous. Cool and mostly sunny. We had a very brief rainfall last night. Big thunder and lightening to the north, nothing much to speak of here. 

A couple of days ago Mark sang the lyrics to the song "Jump" probably because Gatto wouldn't stay off the counter. So, me being me, I jumped. Or rather, I attempted to jump. Do you know that moment when you discover you really don't have it anymore? I do now. My feet never left the ground. I was determined and tried several more times with absolutely no success. Mark was swinging between fear I was going to kill myself to laughter over how ridiculous I looked. I cannot jump. The body is not kind.

10 comments:

Boud said...

I wonder if there's an age at which jumping leaves most of us. After I read here, I tried it. I can barely clear the ground! Oh.

Sandra said...

Boud, oh is right. I used to be on the gymnastic team in HS. The vaulting horse. I know, a very long time ago, but not in my mind. Not a bit of air between my feet and the floor! Humbling.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh no...maybe just as well jumping can be dangerous for old joints and bones:( Jumping might be overrated!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I know you are right, but it was a surprise to me.:)

Lori Skoog said...

You are such a gas! So glad you are having some weather that makes you happy.

Val Ewing said...

:) On jumping.

Sandra said...

Lori, đŸ˜‚ the weather is very welcome

Sandra said...

Val, I am going to bet you can jump!

e said...

I could never jump well and now not at all. I can still think, so maybe I'll dream about jumping...I am glad you have fabulous weather.

Sandra said...

Not a fraction of an inch off the ground, e. I like the think idea!