Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Cycle of Life

I attended the wedding of a young woman I have known from her childhood today. She's taller, more beautiful and grown. I'm older, fatter and gray. I remember the serious girl who grew up with horses from birth. She showed my first halter baby for me when she was, I think 15. She showed my ASB stallion last year and they both took my breath away. I always imagined she would be around forever, but she met a very nice young man and has now married him. The rub is, he is established in his home state of Kansas and she will go there. Her mother will miss her terribly and nothing can compare to that. But I will miss her too. Time moves on and sometimes we don't look up from what we are doing and it marches on without our notice. I noticed today. I'll miss her, but I also rejoice for her. She is on her way to a new chapter in her life and the world is open to her and her new husband. I wish them a long and happy life together. And, I'll still get updates!

No comments: