Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, May 27, 2022

Sunshine, No Lolipops

I got three side dish meals from an eggplant gratin I made a few days ago. It's now gone.


 It took me years to learn to eat beef any other way than well-done. 


It's a bright sunshiny day. I'm not feeling as low as I did yesterday. Sunshine helps. I read an article a couple of days ago on protein. It seems seniors (I don't think of myself as one, but I guess I am) need more of it. And those carrying weight like me need even more. I'm incorporating cannellini beans in our lunch today with the remainder of the roasted peppers from a couple of days ago. I'll come up with something. 

Anyway....it's a beautiful day, I'm not in the depths of despair and one of the barn cats who went missing is home and just fine. He's not talking. Be happy, eat well.......

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The sunshine and a little warm weather goes a long way to brighten up moods! I like medium well...and a steak that is rested:)

Sandra said...

It sure does. I now like medium well, too. It's got to be warming up in the north country.

julochka said...

yeah, those cats never do explain themselves.

Sandra said...

julochka, they rudely think it's none of our business.