Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Snow. Wind. Snow.

It was cold and snowy yesterday.

Mark is trudging to the barn for chores. We'd just had five more round bales delivered so we have plenty of hay to get us through this cold week, although I don't think the horses will be outside for a couple of those days. I think a storm is blowing in tomorrow.

 

Here is Mr. Wonderful, aka Zing, doing what horses do....eating. He's a lean and lanky fellow and requires lots of calories. It's hard for me to grasp he will turn 22 next year. His dam died in birth, leaving me with an orphan to raise. I don't think I want to remember how much work and stress that was, not to mention the loss of Diamond Rose. Well, he's nearly 22 and as much a mischievous game player as he ever was. Mr. Naughty Pants!

I've heard we may have blizzard conditions tomorrow. We have plenty of food, wine, Mark's Wild Turkey, wood and pellets. I'd like to say, and nowhere to go, but Mark has an appointment with oncology tomorrow morning. Maybe, hopefully, weather will hold off. We haven't had a blizzard in awhile. When you are safely tucked inside, there is something profound in watching nature roar.

I had my day sidetracked yesterday with the last 1/6 committee report. I'm not holding my breath. Nothing I can do but wait.

So, the sun is shining, it's -7 F, the furnace is chugging along and life is still with me. I think that is good enuf!

8 comments:

Pixie said...

That's cold. Your farm looks so beautiful with the snow coming down softly. When Katie rode, there was a horse called Joker and he was a joker. When the horses were supposed to trot, he just moved his head like he was trotting but didn't bother trotting. Dude, we can see you!
Zing is beautiful.

Lori Skoog said...

Boy, you sure get some weather! We are still in the low 30s and may hit 50 with rain on Friday. We are getting closer to having a fire in the kitchen....only a couple more weeks. That's the nice part of winter in hibernation.

marlane said...

I feel bad because we just had a sunny 65 degree day. But there was a big earthquake in the north will we be next.

Val Ewing said...

Looks like winter! I don't think he was trudging, he looked like he was moving right along!

We are prepping for what is now a storm Warning with it possibly becoming a blizzard too. I did all the shopping on Monday AND got an LP delivery!
As long as the power stays on, we could be good.

Sandra said...

Pixie, it is cold. I call Minnesota Canada Jr.

That horse story is hilarious! He got his name for a reason.

Sandra said...

Lori, we do get weather, sometimes we get all the seasons in one day!

I know you miss your kitchen fire. Hopefully it will come before your winter does.

Sandra said...

Don't feel bad, Marlane. This is normal for us and I choose to live here. I like winter and have lived where there isn't a proper winter. I found I don't like it. I lived in San Diego long ago. I saw there was an earthquake, I didn't see how bad.

Sandra said...

Val, I showed the video to Mark. He asked it he always walks along like that? Yep!

We are supposed to get a lot of snow and then very high winds the following two day. That could me whiteout conditions. Hang onto your hat!