Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Onward


Happy Sunday 

We are in for some more weather, kind of like everyone else. I've spent a quiet morning puttering around and searching private practice medical clinics. I'm listening to a book, Vanderbilt, written by Anderson Cooper and Katherine Howe. I find it interesting and insightful into the current greed and the mental illness which comes with never having enough. I'm three quarters through and it has kept my attention. Anderson Cooper is the reader.


I made wild rice soup yesterday. We had it for lunch again today, there is enough for one more lunch. What would I do without soup? 

I'm waiting to see if rheumatology will see me. I saw the NP did put the request through. If it's no, I have found a private clinic in Minneapolis I will try. It can't hurt. I had a doctor in a private practice throughout the 2000s and up to 2014. He is a good doctor. The problem was when his partner decided to enter politics and became a state senator. There was another problem, one I was able to overlook, religion. Because it's a private practice religion was part of the deal. Religion combined with politics became too much for me. I also didn't like the partner as a doctor or a person. I could probably go back, except that doctor ran for governor and was a Covid denier, a proponent of eliminating public education and a lot more. I just can't do it. I'll see what happens in the next week.  

Beyond that, there is no news fit or unfit to print. The doldrums of late winter set in. I know it's early spring for some of you, but we aren't there yet. 

6 comments:

Boud said...

That sounds like quite a mixture of a doctor. There has to be someone who can help. Who is willing to be a detective for you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your soup looks really good, hope you can see someone:)

Sandra said...

Yes, Boud. The religion I could ignore. The politics was another thing altogether.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Far Side.

Val Ewing said...

The medical field unfortunately has to follow protocols and prove a particular diagnosis to support what actions they take.
Then you have the insurance companies who look at the diagnosis or lack of specific diagnosis and argue that it needs to be backed up with hard facts -- such as lab reports.

However a diagnosis of general unexplained malaise and fatigue with no supporting facts from a lab can still be treated with the suspicion of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lyme disease, sleep apnea, and autoimmune disorders.. the list is long.
I'm wondering why or if anyone gave you a DX like that.

The doctor could easily have done a code that allow you to be investigated in other ways...I think. But I've been out of coding and medical billing for over 10 years.

I'm curious as to what codes were assigned to you. They can be found in the doctor's notes.

Sandra said...

I don't know. What does a code look like, Val.I've been shunted aside. I cannot get over the fact that I meant nothing, just some old woman. I have been able to find many conditions that match up with mine by simple google searches. You would think they could try a little.