Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Woman Can Live on Bread Alone

Boud reminded me of soda bread a couple of days ago.  I made a loaf yesterday and can't imagine why I forgot about it. Soda bread is delicious and easy, I won't forget again. I didn't take a photo of the loaf, Boud, but there's a bit of it perched on the bowl.


Yesterday another blogger buddy, Beatrice, posted a recipe for a simple and scrumptious peasant bread. It will be the next loaf coming out of my oven. It's a blessing to have bread bakers in my life.

I finished The Goldfinch yesterday. A weighty tome but well worth the time. It was a lot of time. Donna Tartt can write. 

13 comments:

Boud said...

I noted that other bread, too. Always interested in bread! I suspect I could manage indefinitely on bread and cheese.

Sandra said...

So could I, Boud.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I will make flat bread when we get back to the woods after April 1st. It makes a big batch so I have to share!

Val Ewing said...

I used to make bread many moons ago and I haven't much since. However that all looks great!

Yum!

Sandra said...

I have made flat bread, it does make a lot. I've made pitas, too. Actually very easy. As much as you like your winter home, I know you will be happy to be back to the woods, Far Side.

Sandra said...

Val, there are so many easy breads to make I don't know why I don't make them. Oatmeal bread, soda bread, flat breads. I do have the time!

e said...

That looks and sounds delicious. You seem to be feeling better. If so, I am glad. Horse is taking tome too.

Sandra said...

e, I am feeling better emotionally. Which is good. I have Horse on hold but it a couple of months out. I love soup and good bread and so do you.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sandra, now you have me thinking about making soda bread as well, just when I was thinking of cutting down on carbos😋 Nice to read that you may try the peasant bread recipe. It can be challenging to separate the dough ball into the smaller bowls, but the result is well worth the effort. Yiu can also check out Alexandra’s website where she has a video.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, I mix white whole wheat and all purpose flour to give the bread more fiber. I am going to make your recipe, probably tomorrow. I may not split it into two loaves, my Pyrex bowls are different sizes. Soda bread is so easy, but it took Boud bringing it up for me to think about it!

The Happy Whisk said...

LOVED the title of your post. Very fun to toss together quick breads.

Sandra said...

Ivy, I can with cheese! I make biscuits, too. They are good to have on hand. Gotta love a freezer.

Anonymous said...

Freshly baked Bread is Heavenly!... Dawn the Bohemian