Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, April 5, 2024

Accomplished

Finally.
I finally got my cleanup of the office done. I had absolutely no motivation to finish the job last week, but found my mojo yesterday. 



 


As I was dusting I thought back to what my life was for about twenty years and how, other than the barn, this is where I spent my time. I  spent most of those twenty years in the barn, but this was my inside place. We really did not use the front of the house at all, except 
for holidays or visitors. The past decade has been different, more proportional. Not running a business which included boarded horses(the horses came with people), and breeding mine and clients mares. Foaling those mares, often the clients mares as well, then raising them. Teaching them to be good citizens. This all consuming work was my world. It certainly kept me fit! 

So I got it cleared of all the items which were just set there, you know, until I got around to deciding what to do with it. So much from my mother's house that I didn't have time for then. Now the air purifier doesn't need to work so hard. 

It's a beautiful, sunny morning. Supposed to reach 58 F/14 C today. Not bad. I don't have any plans for the day, which means anything or nothing may occur. Maybe I'll pretend I'm a cat.



24 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Stunning job. Well done, you. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

The Happy Whisk said...

Testing .... comment vanished ... testing, 1, 2, 3.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hmmm, that one went through. Groovy. Great job on the office. I love the newly refreshed space. Here's to many happy hours there.

Lori Skoog said...

Love your space with all that good light. I think we have the same iMac. Leaded glass in the doors? Beautiful. Our library is my version of your office and a lot of time is spent there. Having 8 or 9 horses on our property was plenty for me....can't imagine how you took care of four times as many....or more. The improvement of your energy level is showing....has to feel so good. Enjoy the sun, we have snow.

Sandra said...

Ivy, you had two comments end up in spam. I am happy to have it finally cleaned up. It feels so much better.

Sandra said...

Lori, I get light from the west and north in there. I usually have the shade part of the blinds down because it gets so bright. The doors were in the basement, I had the opening into this room enlarged and had the doors put in. It's supposed to be a bedroom, but I needed an office. Your library is larger. I don't know how I did it, either, when I look back on it. I was a determined person!

Anvilcloud said...

Your office looks spacious and bright. My little den is very congested, but it suits me fine.

Sandra said...

AC, you know about camera perspective. Looks larger in photos than it actually is, but it is large enough. And bright! There is something to be said for cozy surroundings.

Miss Merry said...

Your office looks fabulous!

Sandra said...

Thank you, Miss Merry. I feel pleased with myself for accomplishing the task.

Boud said...

This looks palatial! That was a big job. Also I'm guessing there were emotions about your past life and exploits involved. Good for you.

Val Ewing said...

What a beautiful space! Love that wooden mask on the wall.

Your Mojo really came back big time!

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh I agree. Feels so good to have it done. Very happy for you.

Sandra said...

Boud, it's a decent sized room but looks larger in the photo. It was a lot of work and it did bring up a lot of memories. The good things and the not so good. More good than not.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Val. I've had that mask since sometime in the 70s. I also really like it. The mojo did come back, it's on vacation again, maybe just a short one!

Sandra said...

Ivy, it feels really good to have it done. It's long past time!

Pixie said...

I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with a job completed, like an organized room.

Ami said...

It looks beautiful. I am so glad you're feeling up to getting things done!

I could get my whole house clean but it would still not be beautiful. Homey, though.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a nice space!

Sandra said...

Pixie, it is a great feeling. This room has been a disaster for several years.

Sandra said...

Ami, it is so good to be somewhat better. Trying to get more better. I like homey.

Sandra said...

Thanks, Far Side. I'm happy to be using it again.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As so many others have previously commented, Sandra, kudos to you for getting your space in order and it does look very mice. I recognized the iMac as well and even owned an older one until a month ago. No trade-in value, but Apple took it for recycling and as thanks and a gift to me, I bought a brand new MacBook Pro and have o regrets , plus a bit more desk space...and a faster PC.

Sandra said...

Dorothy, Thank you. This Mac is aged out. I can still use it but no more updates and the Safari browser isn't usable on some sites. Chrome still is but won't be for long. I will have to replace it soon. I hate doing that when everything else works well. I'll stick with the iMac, it's easier on my back. I've gone through a few of them, the last is still sitting in a closet.