Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Bits of Things


I was AWOL yesterday. I sat at my computer for a few minutes and then gave up. I inherited my mother's terrible sinus condition and yesterday it kicked my butt. Much better today. Tomorrow I go in for a med check with the Nurse Practitioner. Otherwise, it's unremarkable in my life. Mark is busy, manageable busy. I am not! I plan to make a couple of loaves of bread, but we will see what comes of that. I'm looking forward to working in the flower beds that have been mostly neglected for a few years. That's not happening soon.


I'll leave you with this adorable photo of Chloe and Malika. Chloe adored the foals, I could not keep her out of the stall when one was born. The mamas weren't disturbed by her, so I let her have her way. This would have been in the late '90s. Such an interesting dog.

 

16 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Blogs pile up, when we go AWOL for, oh about 6 minutes.

Sandra said...

AC, HA! So true.

Boud said...

That dog had a lot of maternal instinct. I guess the foals liked her, too. Animals can make friends across species.
Glad you're doing better today.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Some animals have wonderful connections!

Sandra said...

Boud, they sure can. She was a Dalmatian/Lab cross. A unique girl.

Sandra said...

Far Side, they do. The old basset I adopted feel head over heels for the other basset, Howard. He idolized him. Gatto was really attached to the German Shepherd, Keetah.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to read about the sinus infection. Love the garden bed stuff. Pup and horse are too cute together!

Sandra said...

Ivy, I am looking forward to working in the flower beds. I hope I can. I love the big smile on Chloe's face. The filly was WF Al Malika. She was sold before she was 6 months and did well in the show ring.

Val Ewing said...

That is a great photo! As far as flower beds? Yep, looking forward to some warm dirt playing too.

Right now, enjoying the rain and peace and quiet.

One small step at a time!

Miss Merry said...

I hope you feel better soon. Sinus infections are the pits!

Sandra said...

Thanks, Val. It rained all day yesterday. Drizzle now. We need it. The daylilys are coming up and there are buds on the bushes.

Sandra said...

Thanks, Miss Merry.

Pixie said...

That is one happy looking dog.

Sandra said...

Pixie, nothing she liked better than baby horses. She was on cloud nine!

peppylady (Dora) said...

We all need a break.

Sandra said...

Dora, yes we do.