Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Just Stuff

Yesterday was the windiest day I can remember in a long time. The house was shuddering. I took this photo through the window, I didn't feel like walking around the house, so it's poor but it shows a fallen tree from the wind. I formed it into a tree after I planted it 30 years ago. It was a sumac I dug out of the tree line. It looked a lot like an olive tree. It was partially dead last year, so it went over, roots and all. As you can see, another is there to replace it. I'll be applying my bonsai skills on it.


Cats....many cats. They all love Mark's radiation belly, especially this one. You can tell by the sweatshirt lots of cats spend time on that belly!

Gatto knows how it's done.

 

McCool prefers to lay between my legs. He needs room to stretch out.



Today is sunny, just a slight breeze and will be 50F/10C. Mark is busy with his clients taxes, I'm about to resume The Great Office Cleanup. It went on hold for about a week. I was having a bit of despair over the collapse of a nation, but I got over it. One must, as it is, for the most part, out of our hands. All we can do is VOTE. There, that's the end of the doom and gloom. 

I think I will take a cue from the kitties. Enjoy life as it is at the moment. They have the right idea.

17 comments:

Boud said...

Oh to be a kitty with a human to lie on! We had great gusts last night, some weird spronging noises but I can't see anything amiss today. Sun's back!

Sandra said...

Boud, I tell these kitties how fortunate they are but they think it's the other way around!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Indeed, Sandra, cats always have the best ways to get comfy and it seems yours know just how to do that best. We're in the midst of an all day nor-easter with strong winds and snow continuing through until tonight.

Val Ewing said...

That tree has a really cool shape so I like it even if it is tipped over.

I heard a tree go down somewhere while I was walking to see if I could find our road on the ridge yesterday. I never did figure out where the tree fell, but at least it wasn't near the house.

Those cats look happy. And my Charlie dog loves to snooze just like McCool!

Lori Skoog said...

No snow there. We have also had a lot of wind lately to make our rainy (and snowy) days so much worse. Everyone should worry about the collapse of a nation. It's hard to believe how one man can have such an impact on our planet. Accountability has gone down the toilet.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cats have the right idea, nap when they want or follow the sun all day long then find a warm lap:)

Sandra said...

Dorothy, that weather sounds unpleasant! I hope all is well today. My cats love their comfort.

Sandra said...

Val, I really liked it, it looked so much like an olive tree. When I saw it was dying last year I felt bad. Sumac grows pretty fast so the one I let grow beside it will become like it's propagator.

I couldn't believe you did all that shoveling!

Sandra said...

Lori, one man didn't do it, but one man did take it to the limit. I fear for us.

Sandra said...

Far Side, they sure do. I have had a lesson or two from them!

Anvilcloud said...

Crazy windy here too for a few days. I think it’s over now. My cat won’t give me lap time after going through a spell when she absolutely insisted on it after lunch ever day. She still cuddles with Sue.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry about the tree. I love The Great Office Clean Up! Woohoo! Here's to making the space the way that works best for you. Happy Cleaning and Boogie Boogie.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hmmm, google looks like eating my comments again. Darn it google. Darn it. Sorry to read about the tree.

Sandra said...

You were in spam! I will miss the tree, but it left me with a replacement. That one will outlive me. :)

Sandra said...

AC, the cats prefer Mark, but this fellow prefers me. I am so honored. They can be fickle, Frieda was all about me....till she wasn't.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love trees so I get that for sure. Though I don't fancy how close we live to the black walnut trees. They are pretty however on storm day, wooo, can be scary stuff.

Blogger and spam drives me nuts. They do it on my blog too and even with comments that were already through, including my own. Weird platform.

Sandra said...

Ivy, it is that, weird I mean!