Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, April 1, 2024

No April Fool


Good Morning Fine People

I hope all who celebrate had a Happy Easter. It was a fine day here, sunny and mild. I took a break from my energy burst and lolled about.

Today being Monday, I have a hamper full of laundry to get through. Other than that I don't have plans. I think I may finish the book I'm listening to. Things will remain in the dull zone until we come into spring and the out of doors will give me something new to engage in.  We are going to warm into the 60s F which will move things along. I don't feel bored, but I really have nothing to ramble on about, there's only so much bread and soup! 

That said, I'll leave you with last evenings dinner. 


 

12 comments:

Boud said...

Asparagus? Our local farm doesn't have it yet. It's the only place I buy it, so fresh you see them across the street still picking.

Sandra said...

Boud, from the grocer! I grow it but too soon to be uo yet. We really like asparagus.

Lori Skoog said...

You can send us some of that warm weather!

Val Ewing said...

Hah! No fair, today we will have snow and mixed stuff and tonight snow and mixed stuff with high winds...lol.

Sounds like a good day for me to make soup.

It looks like an interesting weather pattern coming through.

Sandra said...

Lori, we don't have it yet, but sometime next week. Maybe it will reach you by then.

Sandra said...

Val, we had snow overnight! The forecast has moved the warmer weather out by about a week. I knew it was too good to be true!

Soup sounds about right.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Shrimp sold me on the dish.

Anvilcloud said...

We're also waiting for the weather to turn, but unfortunately, we are expecting out typical April snowstorm today.

Sandra said...

AC, We northern people know April isn't really spring!

Sandra said...

Dora, me too, I love shrimp!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A dish that we have often enjoyed and substituted zucchini and peppers when there was no asparagus, but always included shrimp!

Sandra said...

Dorothy, it's so good and so simple!