Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Good Time

I took the day off from electronics, other than listening to a book.
I tipped my glass and sang the Beatles song to myself, "you say it's your birthday, happy birthday to you now".


The weather was temperate so I lit a fire in the Bat Cave where Keetah, Gatto and I comfortably lazed while Mark finished with the horses. I made duck and roasted asparagus, we toasted me, then us and enjoyed dinner. I didn't even take a photo. My son called late afternoon, we talked for forty-five minutes, which was really nice. I told my internet friend in Iowa it was my birthday so he amused me throughout the day with funny gifs. I read your birthday wishes and appreciate you all. 

 

I have placed the book you recommended, Pixie, on hold at the library. I sent the pedigrees again, Marlane. I wasn't intending to listen to Bob Woodward's audiobook, The Trump Tapes, but I saw someone's opinion on it and decided to give it a try. Woodward starts by saying these interviews were for the last book, Rage. He listened to them again after the book came out and realized the printed word isn't enough, you need to hear this guy. OMG. I will never fully understand the draw. Hate and fear are a powerful drug.

Anyway....we had sleet overnight. Yippee. The horses need to stay in the barn as it's so slippery. Mark rescheduled for later this afternoon with radiology. Hopefully the roads will improve by then. I'm going to use the remaining half duck breast for a pasta dish tonight, keeping it easy. Let's keep on keeping on.

14 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Glad you had a cozy, enjoyable birthday. That bat cave photo is off the charts! We have the book RAGE and several others that make the situation in our country pretty creepy. Don't send the sleet our way....we still have grass.

Sandra said...

Thanks, Lori. I have the books Fear and Rage. It is stunning actually listening to him in the interview setting. I am flabbergasted, still, that there are millions of people who fall over themselves for this guy.

I hope you don't get the sleet. We have an icy situation here.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. It looks and sounds like it was a beautiful day.Every time I a photo of your Gatto it makes me smile.That is a fellow who knew what he wanted and who he wanted and got it.
It is beyond my cognitive skills to see what people see in t***p.
Take Care,
Kaye

e said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds perfect, well wishes and many more wonderful birthdays!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your birthday celebration sounded like a perfect day and evening, Sandra. Turning off electronics, listening to a book, sitting by a fire, enjoying bubbly🥂 and a dinner with Mark - perfect way to spend a special day. Also talking with your son and having your internet friend amuse you added to your day I'm sure.

The freezing sleet wasn't good news to read and hope the horses and Mark will be safe nd stay indoors.

marlane said...

Sorry nothing came through here is my email again
picturepedigree@outlook.com

Sandra said...

Kaye, thank you. Gatto did get what he wanted! Moved right on in.

Sandra said...

Thank you, e! Let's hope there are many more.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, it was a really good day. It was so nice to talk to the son, he's so busy we don't see much of him. It's still icy this morning.

Sandra said...

I'll try again, marlane.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like an enjoyable Happy Birthday!

Sandra said...

It was, Far Side.

The Happy Whisk said...

How do the horses take too the cold in the barn? Burrrr. Love that you made pasta! Happy Birthday and here's to a great weekend. Cheers, Ivy.

Sandra said...

Ivy, the barn stays above freezing most of the time. There are 19 stalls in the main barn and 14 horses, so the body warm is a pretty good furnace. Horses do much better in cold than they do is very hot, humid weather.