Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Kitty Cats

There is a very good reason why Frieda and I get along so well.
We both have a perfect resting bitch face.


These two were doing the pat pat pitty pat. Until I aimed the phone at them. Then just a couple of sweet little girls looking out the window. Put the phone away. pat pat pitty pat resumed.
 



Of course, it wouldn't seem right without a food photo. I did make pizza dough and followed through with pizza. I had prosciutto and kalamatas, one of my favorite combinations. I intended to use artichoke hearts but forgot. It was good, even if I say so myself.


The day is starting out at zero but is going to warm to about 30 F. We are in for a warm spell for at least a week. No complaints. I have intended to make an apple galette for a couple of weeks. Judging by the look of the apples I think I will need to muster the energy today. If I let them spoil Mark will let out the cry heard round the world. 

I finished The Trump Tapes and will start The Invisible Kingdom by Meghan O'Rourke per recommendation of Pixie. 37paddington recommended Spare, the Prince Harry book, in a post a few days ago, so I have that on hold with the library. Blogland has led me to many good reads. I thank you for that, my days get long.

That's it from here. Stay warm. Ciao.

14 comments:

Boud said...

Pizza. Haven't had that in a while. Noted.
I hear the book is very moving, and I've been impressed by his intelligence and good humor in the several interviews I've read and seen. A lot of the comments he reports from William ring dead on true and accurate to this bullied youngest.

After literally hundreds of books and thousands of scurrilous articles have been written about him and his family, one book giving his perceptions doesn't seem too much to ask!

The cats clearly thought it was a private fight, no need for coverage!

marlane said...

We have a cold drizzle here this morning. Other than the horse picture pedigree thing that I do my afternoons are several hours of what do I do now. I am an avid reader and am reading on my iPad free ebooks via hoopla from my local library. I can not read fiction as I find them irrelevant.but I love biography’s by non famous people. Plus books on how to make my life the best it can be. The Eckhart Tolle books I read over and over. Right now I am reading Reiki Healing a Masterclass by Siya Ishani.

Sandra said...

Boud, I probably wouldn't have considered ready the book, but after what paddington had to say, I decided I would. I know it's not my business, but I think the institution of royalty is long past whatever relevance it may have had.

You are exactly right, they feel what happens on the cat tree stays on the cat tree!

Sandra said...

Marlane, I know many people don't read fiction. I'm not one of them! From classic literature to a lightweight mystery and everything in between, I enjoy most of it. I also like biographies, history, political books compelling life stories. I use ebooks and audiobooks from the library, too. I have shelves and shelves of books I keep telling myself I'll revisit, but it hasn't happened yet!

Lori Skoog said...

About.that.pizza.......

Sandra said...

Lori, HA!! It's very simple, so I'll tell you about that pizza. Crust, make you own or buy it. I put basil pesto on as the base, then sliced garlic. I use fresh mozzarella, placed over the crust. Prosciutto, olives, intended artichoke hearts but forgot. If I have fennel, I use that in place of artichoke. A very hot oven until done. Simple and quick.

I am currently chilling pastry dough for the galette. I knew it was now or never!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The cats look so well behaved:) Nicer temperatures today but still cool:)

Sandra said...

They are frauds, Far Side!

Pixie said...

I can see why your son ended up as a chef. I hope you like the book. It's not just about her journey but about western medicine as well.

Sandra said...

Pixie, thank you thank you for recommending it! From the very first words I saw me. I started today and am not very far into it, but omg, I see myself in there.

My son told me years ago he blames me for his career path!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at "resting bitch face" I hope I have one .

You made my night.
Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Kaye, 😂 Frieda and I both have one. We do it very well. I hope you have one, too!

Val Ewing said...

Resting bitch face. All the gals at the gym for Mobility Class last week said they had Bitch Faces from the weekend. LOL, I can see Frieda did it perfectly.

Me? I read everything I can. I like a lot of crime fiction. Nothing too hard on the brain.
However I have a lot of books on plants, moss, and wild things found in the forest.

:)

Sandra said...

Val, she sure does! It's also, I think, a mom face. :)

I like mysteries.