Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Cats. Dogs. Birthday.

My Brat Cat


Never in my life did I think I would have a cat perch in my living room. It was this little girl who forced me into it. She was a dervish. She's still a handful. She always looks as if she is contemplating making me into dinner.

Mark made it down safely from the roof. He didn't finish but he did decide today would be office work. Good man. I probably won't be blog visiting today. I'm going to attempt some more cleaning and then dinner prep because......


......today is my birthday! I'm normally not all that interested in my birthday. I think feeling unwell, having a husband with cancer and being a card holding member of the senior society has made me more appreciative of my blessings. 

My German Shedder is living up to the name. Thanks for the name, Pixie. I would like her hair removed from the surfaces, both vertical and horizontal before we sit down to dinner. She's a great dog, but man-o-man, does she shed!

Tip a glass for me.


 

12 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Glad Mark made it down safe and as for pet stuff and beds. We have places for the pups the rest everywhere it feels like on some days. The pups are so darn cute, how do we not give them snuggly beds?

I'm tipping a glass to you on the Birthday. Cheers, Ivy.

Ami said...

Happy birthday!

I HATE it when Eric thinks he should climb ladders/be on the roof/go under the house. :::shudder:::

We used to have a Maggie. She was half lab and half Akita, we think. May have had some other bits and pieces in there, who knows?

Maggie shed like a whole dog every day. I used to say I could collect all the hair and save it. Eventually, when she finally shed her hair ALL the way out, I could take the saved dog hair and knit her a sweater.

Boud said...

Happy birthday! You share it with my dad. Except he would be 128 today, a little older than you...I'm glad Mark made it off the roof safely and plans a day at ground level.

Enjoy your day!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy 🎂🎉 Birthday to you, Sandra, and I do hope you have a warm and happy celebration. Of course, you are definitely excused from blog visiting because today is all about YOU as it should be! Glad to read that Mark made it down safely from the roof snow cleaning.

Lori Skoog said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday! Hopefully you have a fire going and are celebrating about now. Hopefully we will see a photo of your dinner.

marlane said...

Happy Birthday. I know what you mean past a certain age it is not that great LOL.

marlane said...

Sandra when you get a chance I did not get your email. with the horsey info.

Pixie said...

Happy Birthday Sandra!

When you have time, you might find this book interesting

"The Invisible Kingdom" by Meghan O'Rourke. It's about chronic illness and how often patients are not listened to if they don't fit into a neat little cubbyhole. She a good writer and though I'm not far into the book, I think you might like it.

Pixie said...

This was part of what was in the book and thought you would find it interesting as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allostatic_load

Val Ewing said...

Ahhh! Happy Birthday!
Your attitude is positive and I like that!

Enjoy, I'll tip a glass of milk for you!

Sandra said...

Thank you everyone for your good wishes! I tipped my glass a few times, it was a great evening for us both.

e said...

Sorry I missed this. Happy Birthday!