Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

My Misfits order came this morning.



A dozen eggs for $3.00. Holy Wow!


Finally. Finally. Fennel. It's worth the wait. I got these beauties for just under $15.00, $3.69 each. At my local grocer they are $8.00/pound. Happy Day! Chard, eggplant and zucchini. Looks mighty healthy.

We had the Culligan Man out this morning, also. He needed to change filters and do whatever else they do with the filtration system once a year. He's a really nice guy, Keetah and Gatto liked him. His daughter has a dog named Keetah. My Keets came with the name, but Culligan Man said it is an old Viking word. Who knew? Not me!

I saw the neurologist yesterday. He was an attentive man who seemed concerned. He also doesn't think my problems are neurological. He said he was going to address some issues with my primary. He did, because about an hour after I got home I received a call from her nurse to schedule an appointment. I told the doctor I may change primary to a NP, he said if I do let him know and he'll send information to her. He has ordered an MRI of my upper back. The lower lumbar was done in 2021. Maybe he can get this ball rolling.

That's life in the frozen Northland, at least for me. Mark is using today for errands. We are in for some subzero weather into February, so today looks like the day to get things done. Ciao


14 comments:

Boud said...

No eggs when I ordered last time. You did well with your choices.

I'm very glad the neuro was concerned and taking it further. About time. Let's hope for some answers.

Pixie said...

Good news? Maybe? I'm glad the doc listened to you.

Sadly, not all docs are created equal.

What do you call a doctor that graduates at the bottom of their class?


Doctor.

Sandra said...

Boud, everything came in good shape. I ordered the day before you did. Too bad I couldn't put the eggs on hold for you, I still have eggs.

I was happy to have someone at least appear interested and concerned.

Sandra said...

Pixie, too bad it's true.

I need to change primary. Something about me caused a negative reaction with her. I tried but it's not working. I made the appointment but I think I'll go through the list of NPs and switch.

Lori Skoog said...

Sounds like you are moving in a better direction with these Docs. Keep talkin'.

marlane said...

I was wondering how your doctors appointment went, thanks for letting us know !!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that this Dr. seemed to hear you and was engaged.
You seem like a person who can read people and did you feel you were heard?
I am so glad that Gatto approves of the people you let in your house or should I say his house?

Take Care,
Kaye

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope that someone figures it out...nice that he listened to you:)

Sandra said...

Lori, I hope so.

Sandra said...

marlane, thanks.

Sandra said...

Kaye, he did listen and he seemed concerned, especially after he had me walk a short distance down the hall and back. The problem is he sees no sign of my problems being neurologic. Gatto has made it his house!

Sandra said...

Thank you, Far Side.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sandra, after reading about your Misfits orders and Boud’s previously, it seems you both had some good bargains…eggs for only $3 was a deal…reminds me of then TP was something to be searched for at a discount, yokes!

Sandra said...

Beatrice, I have also thought of the toilet paper 'crisis' comparing to egg prices. :)