Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Trapper Murphy

This is for you, Anvil Cloud. I mentioned a trapper hat as a solution to your toque problem. Here is Murphy unhappily modeling one. He was a good boy and gave the best side eye!


Another sunny morning. We spent part of it searching for Gatto. He is always active in the morning and he was nowhere to be found. We were both concerned he had somehow slipped out of the house. Mark found him by accident, lying on the cabinet, behind the TV, looking out the window and sunning himself. Most unusual for him. Now we can both relax.

I do believe I will make bread today. I'm trying to get back into that groove. I also need to put shrimp on the shopping list. Boud made a curried shrimp that has me salivating. Now I want it. Otherwise....same old same old. There are worse things.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

A phrase I have always loved is "The Magic of Ordinary Days." It is the title of a book that takes place during WW 2. Anyway, one does not realize how wonderful ordinary is until a disruption occurs.
I am glad Gatto was found.
Take Care,
Kaye

Boud said...

Gatto, not Fargo, as bossytext would have it, probably thought you hadn't been worrying enough about him lately.

Sandra said...

Kaye, I wrote a blog post many years ago that I have always remember. I titled it The Extraordinary Act of Being Ordinary. I remember it because I knew so many bloggers with exciting, interesting lives and I had begun to feel inconsequential. So I wrote about my life at the time. I put that book on hold at the digital library.

Sandra said...

Boud, bossytext 😆! I do believe you are right. He made up for his absence.

Anvilcloud said...

I know the style although I haven't seen it in wool. In fact, I tried on some toques today and saw some of that style. I didn't purchase either, but I think about it for next winter.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to clarify about the book "The Magic of Ordinary Days." It takes place in a farming community with a Japaneses American internment camp and a German prisoner of war camp during WW 2. I do not know why I felt compelled to say anything.I just saw you responded to my comment..I shall go read it.

Kaye

Lori Skoog said...

You are sounding pretty chipper lately!

Sandra said...

AC, they are warm and comfortable. I wear it when I plow the driveway.

Sandra said...

Kaye, I read the synopsis and thought it would be interesting. I like it when someone mentions a book. I go through them so fast that I am always looking for ideas.

Sandra said...

Lori, I am feeling a little bit better. I'm glad it comes through!

e said...

Love the hat and that Mark found the cat and now I must scat, how about that?

Sandra said...

e, a regular poet!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not sure last time I made bread.

Sandra said...

Dora, it's something I enjoy doing, sort of like how you enjoy your art. I haven't been making it for awhile and I want to start again.

Barwitzki said...

hi hi...wonderful hat.
I'm doing Sunday today! The sun is shining and I'm enjoying it. I am happy.
Many greetings to you.

Sandra said...

Viola, Murphy was reluctant! We also have sunshine. I'm glad you are happy!