Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Top Fellow

Per  Request:
WF Impressive (Topper)
GGS Topper x LF Diamond Rose












He's been a gelding since 2009. I cut both he and the Pinto  Saddlebred, Solo. Neither were happy as stallions, so I made them geldings. Both got happy after that. No one did the aisle strut better than Topper as a stallion! Topper is a maternal brother to the remaining stallion, Zing. His older maternal sister, Babe, is still with us and doing well for an old lady. 

He's better but is still having another day in the barn. He's very good about this, he quietly munches his hay. He listens to the radio, probably would like a tv.

We had lots of thunder and lightning last night, some rain. It looks a little brighter out there. We will be in the mid 90sF and humid. Yuck. The museum piece, aka, air conditioner will be turned on for today and tomorrow. Hopefully it carries on. 

Bill called and is bringing us more produce. There are many thing I quit growing because I didn't need to....we've got Bill! I'm going to stuff zucchini with leftover pork roast and whatever else for dinner. A couple of them hid under the leaves and got large. I'll use the grill as an oven. What would we do without Bill.....I don't even want to consider it. He is our caretaker, not of the property, but of us. Some of the property too, if he thinks he can get away with it!






16 comments:

Boud said...

That's a great horse! He knows he's being admired. What a guy.
As is Bill, for different reasons. He's your Gary!

Sandra said...

He was and still is a beautiful and athletic horse. He did well in the show ring as a halter horse. He injured himself later so he was not ridden.
Bill is my Gary!

Lori Skoog said...

Topper is such a dude! So glad you still have him and all the rest of your herd. Ha Ha! Bill is your Gary! Nice that you can get veggies from your neighbor!

Sandra said...

Lori, Bill is a gardener like your Gary! Topper is a very good boy. A real athlete.

The Happy Whisk said...

Stuffed zukes sound like a great idea. Very cool that Bill brings you produce. Love the picture with the autumn leaves.

e said...

Be still my heart. what a beauty!

Val Ewing said...

What a beauty!

It is always great to have someone around that donates good produce!

Lucky you!

Sandra said...

Ivy, I am always happy to take excess produce off his hands!

Sandra said...

e, thank you. I love the now old man. Who is still a beauty.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Val. He got grey all over his beautiful face now. I do appreciate Bill.

Val Ewing said...

My mules are getting grey in their faces too. Siera is really changing, but she is dark. At least I feel like I am greying with them.

Sandra said...

Val, I greyed way ahead of them! They are finally catching up. Tops has grey all over his forehead. He is distinguished.

Pixie said...

He's beautiful! I may be biased though, I love horses.

Sandra said...

Pixie, he is beautiful. I may be biased because I'm his breeder!

julochka said...

He's such a beauty. Hope he feels better soon! <3

Sandra said...

julochka, he is better and back out with his pals. He remains a looker, even in advanced age.