Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, November 30, 2023

It's in the Details

I think this is the best turkey stock I have ever made.

I ordered and received, yesterday afternoon, a new pepper grinder. The pepper was not grinding. That's some large bits of pepper in there. I did get some things done and sorted yesterday as I hoped. Yay, me!


This also arrived yesterday, part of my Costco order.


Why paying attention to the details matters. 4 lb 4 oz! I've always purchased Kalamatas from Costco and they came in a large jar, a reasonable large jar. I haven't been able to get them, nor my favorite, Castelvetrano, from Costco for a couple of years. When I saw this, I just clicked it, not looking any further. I do think olives are going to be on the menu often. 


 

15 comments:

Boud said...

The small print rules! Look out for many inventive uses of olives.

Sandra said...

Boud, I would have been wise to remember that before clicking! I think I will look up uses just to see what is there I don't know.

Anonymous said...

I have done that before...not with olives. I ordered a figure of a Great Blue Heron..I thought it was table top size not so. It is the size of a real Heron even bigger..It now stands in the living room. My dog use to bark it.

Take Care,
Kaye

Pixie said...

That's a lot of olives!

I used up my homemade chicken stock this morning, making paprika chicken, so time for another chicken. Your soup looks delicious.

Sandra said...

Kaye, I would have liked to see your face when it arrived!!

Sandra said...

Pixie, it’s an overwhelming amount of olives! Thanks about the soup, it was good. I find it satisfying to make stock. Something so good that usually ends up in the garbage can make something delicious.

Lori Skoog said...

I love those olives on a salad with Feta cheese and roasted red peppers. Yum. I expect to see them on your next pizza too. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get a new pepper grinder. I use a lot of pepper. My turkey soup only lasted for one meal, but it was delicious!!!

Sandra said...

Lori, the olives will go in bread, pasta, pizza, tapenade and whatever else I can think of. I haven't used roasted peppers in a salad, food for though! We will have one more meal of the soup. That makes three. It is delicious!

Val Ewing said...

wow...those are some olives.
I like black olives but hubby won't be in the same room with them...

I bet you will make great use of them.

Soup is on our menu for the weekend!

Sandra said...

Val, it's a lot! Fortunately we both like them

It is soup weather.

e said...

Wow!

Sandra said...

e, I know!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A lot of olives for sure, but then these are my favorites so having a lot would not be a problem...enjoy!

Sandra said...

Beatrice, I will try my best!

Bohemian said...

Four Pounds Four Ounces of Olives from a Costco... LMAOROTF, details do matter at a Costco or Sam's Club. *winks*