Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Pleasantly Quiet

I have no boundaries regarding Gatto's privacy.


A few days ago I made a pork sirloin roast. It was not good. Dry and then raw in the middle. Last evening I salvaged it by simmering the sliced roast in chicken stock for a couple of hours, then turning the stock into gravy. Nice and tender. I have no idea what was going on while it roasted, but it was an odd combination of dry and raw! That this was the most interesting part of the day says I'm either boring or lucky. I may say both. Eggplant Involtini  is on the menu tonight. The last of them from the garden.

I had a nice messaging chat with a man I have known from MyFitnessPal for years. He lives in North Norfolk, England. Out of the blue he just sent me a message asking how I am doing. He is a pleasant person around sixty with a wife and grown children. He is very well liked on MFP. He got a geography lesson pertaining to Minnesota. He said, so up and to the left of New York? That's one way of putting it! I have been an on-and-off user of MFP for about twelve years. 

So, other than the usual Monday laundry, that was my day. It's been overcast but mild. Mark has finished the office work he needed to do and is concentrating on necessary tasks outside. I will be finishing the little bit of winterizing I have left inside. And, of course, I will be herding cats.


8 comments:

Boud said...

I love the geographic description of where Minnesota is to be found. Most brits have some notion of the great lakes, so they can be a useful landmark or location indicator!

I hope today's food goes better. But you're skilled enough to rescue meals that don't quite make it.

Sandra said...

I loved his geographic description, Boud! I didn't know that about the Great Lakes. I can usually salvage a mess when I have one. Which happens often enough.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cats like to be clean and don't care who is in the room:) That is one way to locate Minnesota...east of NY:)

e said...

Gatto is certainly at home in that photo and LOK on the geography lesson!

Val Ewing said...

Fun Geography lesson. I had a funny one years ago from a fella that well, .. he never learned to read. I was talking about a trip to Virginia and he asked where that was. I explained it was east of Wisconsin and he replied that he'd heard of the East. Was that like as far as Madison? [Madison is 2 hrs east of here]
He was dead serious and I refused to make fun of him, but explained that it was a bit further.

This old fella never had left our county in his life.

Cats. They do what they want!

Sandra said...

Far Side, you got that right about cats. I found it funny, up to NY and left!

Sandra said...

e, Gatto believes this is his house. Frieda often tells him different. He was sincere, left of NY!

Sandra said...

Wow, Val, he really was unaware. He knew what was necessary for him and I guess it worked.