Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, November 10, 2023

Not Much

Good Morning


We have another chilly, dreary day. I got my flu shot and Covid booster yesterday. My arm is a little sore, but that's it. There wasn't a second appointment available so Mark is scheduled for the 15th.

I received a text from my son saying he is coming here for Thanksgiving. I was surprised. We placed an order for a local free range turkey we buy for Thanksgiving, when we used to host it. We were planning on a day alone and Cornish hens. Perhaps he needs a break from the grief of his in-laws. I have not hosted a holiday since 2018, I'm not sure I remember how. I must remember to send home pickles and vegetable stock (his wife is vegan) with him. She likes the fermented pickles.

So, now I have something happening, I may actually find some motivation and gets things done. It's easy to slide when not a thing is happening. How odd that I was was so busy I couldn't see straight and now I have no claims on my time. The unpredictability of life.

12 comments:

e said...

Glad you are feeling better. I love the photo today and wish you a happy time with your son.

Lori Skoog said...

Can't wait to see your Thanksgiving dinner!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo, it is beautiful.
I think your Thanksgiving dinner will be exceptional and I look forward to hearing the menu.
I hope Homer comes to visit, too.
Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

e, she was a beauty. Her name was Sophie. It will be fine. Maybe he can relax.

Sandra said...

Lori, dinner will be subdued. Basic stuff...turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and a vegetable. I don't do it up big anymore.

Sandra said...

Kaye, Shelley was here taking photos of the stallions. Sophie looked at her over the gate and Shelley snapped the photo. She got a beautiful impromptu photo! Dinner will be simple.

Val Ewing said...

Not much is okay on not much ...days.

We'll probably have lasagna on Thanksgiving along with Lego projects here.

Will your son and his wife come with their dog?

I'm glad he gave you a head's up. I usually get less than 12 hrs notice if I'm getting company.

Sandra said...

Val, lasagna or manicotti are usually my Christmas dinner.

His wife isn't coming with him. Homer can't come her because of Gatto. He's a terrier with strong terrier instincts. Someone wouldn't come out of that alive. Matthew often tell me on Friday afternoon he plans to come on Saturday!

Boud said...

I hope you all enjoy your changed Thanksgiving. Yes, maybe more cheerful for your son than home for one day.

Sandra said...

Boud, I was surprised, pleasantly. She will be with her family and he is coming here. It’s been awhile since we spent a holiday with him.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I find that a good dessert makes up for a so so meal. I am not certain where we are going yet, I know I am not cooking:)

Anonymous said...

Far Side, true. I’m going to make a wild plum galette. The not cooking is a bonus! Sandra