Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Lovely Frieda

My Frieda Kitty


We were meant for one another. The look she generally carries on her little face is the same look I had on mine most of the time, when I had to deal with people who annoyed me. She can give Gatto what-for, let me tell you. I kinda love this little monster.

Life is stumbling along. The weather is temperate, allowing Mark to get things badly needing doing outside done. He's learning, albeit late in life, to not fuss over what cannot be finished. If it can't, it can't. I know, deep.

I have catch-up myself after a few days of doing nothing. When that happens I do get a glimpse of my continued value in our life. Chief cook and bottle washer does have its' place. That's my story, anyway. 


9 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I'm trying to learn that lesson of what doesn't get done...doesn't get done or can be done later. Pacing yourself with work also helps.

I am not looking forward to cleaning the storage area. Yuck.

Everyone has a story. Yours is awesome.

Boud said...

That expression is like departed kitty Duncan when I put a pussyhaton him. Just long enough to snap one pic..

Sandra said...

Val, I get that. I cleaned most of the basement in 2019 and the rest in 2021. Yuck is right.

Sandra said...

Boud, if I tried that with Frieda I’d get clawed as she was getting away from me!

Anonymous said...

I have become very good at letting things go, a little too good. What I am not good at is feeling good about it.
I love your last paragraph. You have a way with words.
Glad you are feeling better.

Kaye

Far Side of Fifty said...

I agree if it can't... so be it. Hope you continue to feel better:)

Sandra said...

Kaye, I know about that. Not doing becomes as much of a habit as doing. Cut yourself some slack, life can pull you in too many positions at once. I try to think about how little some of the things I worry about matter in the whole scheme of things. Sometimes it works.

My life has become focused on cooking and washing!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I'm feeling pretty good, thanks!

Bohemian said...

I forgot how much I enjoy your Fur Baby Photography! Even the intrusive ones with no boundaries... ie: Gato Bum Washing... LMAO