Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, January 22, 2024

Carrying On


I haven't been interested in cooking lately. I've made food, but without interest, and frankly it's been meh. Yesterday afternoon I cooked some Italian sausage and made a sauce from tomatoes and basil from last years garden, along with red pepper flakes. This was a lighter sauce, it simmered only about one hour. I can't say I have my mojo back but it's more than I have done in quite awhile.


We start a warm spell today, it goes all the way into February. It's strange weather, but I suppose we have to accept there is no "normal" anymore. In so many ways.

10 comments:

e said...

You are rioght but whatever thr weather. that dish looks good!

Boud said...

That looks like a dinner to come home to. Definitely my choice.

Lori Skoog said...

I'll be right over!

Val Ewing said...

Oh yum! Your meals are always so good looking!
I'm going to welcome some warm weather.

Sandra said...

Thanks, e. it wasn't bad. We had a repeat last night.

Sandra said...

Boud, I know you'd like it, you just made a sauce similar to this!

Sandra said...

Lori, I wish!!

Sandra said...

Val, thank you. I don't mind it being warmer, but does it have to melt?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can so identify with the loss of interest in cooking, Sandra, but still meals cooked at home are preferable to any processed frozen selections or eating out. Keeping it simple has become my mantra lately and this dinner would fit that category just fine. Thankfully Patrick has been doing some of the cooking which he does enjoy and he is also good with clean-up, so a win-win.

Sandra said...

Dorothy, you are so right. I can always come up with something. Mark doesn't cook, which is more about me than him. I am controlling about the kitchen. So, he doesn't cook!