Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

I Lived Through It

 

I am recovered from the stress of a medical appointment yesterday. It was ok, I survived. I got what I wanted accomplished, along with a little confidence boost. She commented on my being young, then looked at my chart and saw my age and I just heard an "oh". I said yes, too young for this! I think it's how I dress. Not like a kid, but probably a little different. So that was nice. She is very pretty, that may have something to do with how much Mark likes her!

Onto even more mundanity....my unbreakable schedule of Monday laundry was broken because of the medical appointment. So today is pretend Monday. My son and his wife are bringing lunch Saturday for a late birthday celebration for me. I'm happy they are bringing it so I don't have to worry about something vegan for her. We saw him at Thanksgiving but it's about a year and a half since we've seen her. The loss of her mother in August has been extremely difficult for her, actually her whole family. I'm sure it will be ok though on Saturday. Gatto will keep her entertained. Speaking of Gatto....there is another kitty coming onto the front porch. It and Gatto stare at one another through the screens of the connecting screened porch. They touch noses through the screen door. It shows up every evening. Mark told me he sees it throughout the day. It looks well fed so I wonder if it's someone's outside cat. We don't need another cat.


14 comments:

Boud said...

I hope you'll get help from this practitioner. And it sounds promising just now, anyway.
It's nice that the vegan eaters are bringing the food. It's quite an undertaking for a non vegan to put together a vegan meal on the spur of the moment. And it will be good to see your daughter in law again.

Sandra said...

Boud, I'm not really looking for much. She did switch me to another dopamine producing antidepressant that is also unpin killer. She said it's quite effective, so I said ok. I can't start it untilFriday, to get the other out of my system. Otherwise, I am looking for someone to do the basic things one has a primary for. Which she did yesterday.

I am so happy he is bringing food. Not only do I not need to cook, I don't need to think about a vegan diet. That helps a lot when it's not something you are familiar with.

e said...

She sounds promising and supportive. I hope the new med works well for you.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got what you wanted taken care of, prescription and appointment for a mammogram. I feel relieved and happy once a doctor appointment is over and I am out the door.
How nice that Gatto has a window friend. I like Gatto, he is unique.

Take Care,
Kaye

Lori Skoog said...

Hopefully you can get rid of some stress with this new Doc. Sounds like you could be headed in the right direction. So glad Mark got you there. Enjoy your belated birthday celebration. Both cats are gorgeous!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You survived!! Good news that you went! Hope she will help you!

Val Ewing said...

One step at a time. You mentioned a TBI. That incident can factor into so many things that the medical field cannot figure out. Hubby has had strokes and brain damage along with his other ailments. The psychiatrist he has admits that they really don't know how the brain damage effects his other issues.

The brain is the hard drive to the body, if a portion has a bad sector, not everything works as it should. Don't beat yourself up for something no one is sure about.
Even the neurologist in charge of hubby's recovery a few years ago told me that the brain is still a huge mystery.

Hopefully this person can see you as a whole person and she can help you.

:)

Sandra said...

e, I hope so, too. I'm counting on it.

Sandra said...

Kaye, I am pleased to have taken care of necessary things. She is pleasant and that is a plus.

Gatto is unique! Not always in a good way 😄

Sandra said...

Lori, Mark thinks she the best thing since sliced bread! She will work out fine for my med dispenser. :)

Sandra said...

Far Side, I did! I wasn't sure I would.

Sandra said...

Val, I have been surprised at how little the GPs seem to know about it. I stopped mentioning it long ago, it just makes them tune out more.

I am no longer looking for an answer to why this has happened. If the constant pain can become manageable, I will ask for nothing more.

Val Ewing said...

Life with constant pain is no life at all.

Sandra said...

Val, it really isn't. I get to start the new med tomorrow. It will take awhile, but I am hoping it helps.