Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, December 29, 2023

Whatever


It's finally freezing overnight, which is helping with the mud. It's still too warm during the day but that ends this Sunday. If the weather took requests, I would ask it to stay in the twenties, please. No minus signs would be very nice. Thank you. Alas, it doesn't work this way.

I started listening to The Book Woman's Daughter, by Kim Michele Richardson yesterday. I listened to the first one, Book Woman, sometime this year. I liked it and so far I am liking this one. There are so many good books out there. Mark has been busy with end of the year tax projections for clients. Then he has an audit he has to get to, so no rest for him for awhile. I don't know what he would do if he didn't have his work and the physical labor of the farm, other than drive me out of my mind. He is not a relaxed person! There was a time I was always busy. I got over it.

My sciatic nerve has been angry for about a week. It is truly a pain. I am not in much of a mood, so it's good I have the digital library to keep me occupied. Dinner has been anything simple. I had leftover pork roast in the freezer that I cubed, put in gravy with broccoli and served with egg noodles. This was about as simple as it gets, other than food delivery, which we don't have access to. I have enough for two more meals. Hurrah!


 Happy Friday my friends. Two more days of 2023.


15 comments:

e said...

Simple is often the best. Ouch on the sciatica. I hope it calms down soon and happy 2024.

Anonymous said...

I hope your back starts feeling better soon. I think a back ache is all consuming..there are very few movements that do not involve the back thus every little move can be painful. I learned this last winter when over did snow shoveling.
Take Care,
Kaye

Boud said...

I hope the back calms down soon. And simple, well cooked, is usually great food. Thanks for posting even when you don't feel so good.

Lori Skoog said...

So many ups and downs with our bodies. Still mild here for the next few days with plenty of mud. Now you have made me hungry! May 2024 come in as an improvement!!!

Sandra said...

e, I have certainly appreciated simple. I have a piraformis muscle that pinches and this time it's being stubborn.

Sandra said...

Kaye, it's the over-doing that gets us! I haven't used a shovel in decades. I have used a skid loader, though!

Sandra said...

Boud, posting gives me something to do other than feel sorry for myself!

Sandra said...

Lori, it seems more down than ups lately.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes just a couple of days of 2023, who knew I would live this long? Not me...I should have taken better care of my body:)

Val Ewing said...

Well I hope you get some relief from the piriformis. I understand what you are going through.

Sandra said...

Far Side, you and me both!

Sandra said...

Val, thanks. That little piriformis muscle really packs a big pain punch!

The Happy Whisk said...

Sandra, I'm very sorry to read about your pain. I have been there and it's no joke. Here's to healing up and feeling better. PS: Was 50F here last weekend. Back to cold this weekend.

Sandra said...

Thanks, Ivy. We are now cold, too.

The Happy Whisk said...

We made it up to Barnes again today and it's cooooooooder today for sure. Wow, wow, what a difference.