Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, March 25, 2024

Snow. Rain.


We got a foot of snow yesterday and then overnight rain. Rain is supposed to start again around noon. Kind of a mess, but we need the moisture so I won't do the usual complaints. The horses get a day in the barn, I don't want them out in cold rain. They are my barn puffs.


We had leftovers from the evening before. I had some pork chop leftover that I made into a kind of Alfredo casserole meal on the stove top. It was good and I like turning one meal into a different thing altogether. Grilled chops become Pork Alfredo!

If it's Monday, it's laundry day. It is Monday so that will take up the morning. I plan to make ciabatta rolls this afternoon. We all know what generally happens with my plans, but there it is. I am feeling so much better. The dopamine in the Wellbutrin has perked me up and the Celebrex is really helping my back. I'm not pain free, but it's a level of pain I can deal with. I've made headway with my office. That is very satisfying for me. The best thing is, I'm able to do this without feeling like I'm dying a slow death of torture. Most welcome.

Off to laundry duty. 

 

18 comments:

Boud said...

Your food always looks so good. Especially the bread. I'm so glad to hear the meds are helping. Good for your spirits.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the medications you are taking is helping you feel better. What a relief! I hope they continue to help you.

I am aware of "The Shadow." In fact I have been using the phrase instead of saying "I don't know " I say"only the Shadow knows" when commenting in person or in e-mails, when appropriate, since you posted about it. No one has asked why or even commented on what I mean. It makes me laugh
Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Boud, thank you! I am feeling so much better. I don't recognize myself!

Sandra said...

Kaye, it is a relief.

You are probably confusing a lot of people, but really, doesn't only the shadow know?

Far Side of Fifty said...

At least you got some moisture! Not any snow up here yet only in the air melting when it hits the ground...we are now supposed to get a trace to maybe three inches today and tomorrow the storm is way South of us. Good to hear that you feel better!!

Sandra said...

Far Side, we are supposed to have rain through Tuesday. I think it turns to snow Tuesday. Thanks, I hope you are, too. And FG.

Val Ewing said...

This sounds like a real positive! I am happy that the meds seem to be helping you turn a corner.

A foot! Wow! We have rain now and fog because the temps have risen and the snow is melting. Mud everywhere, but that is just fine. Like you, we need the moisture.

A slow melt would be nice right?

I think your food looks so yummy. I need a cook...LOL...

Lori Skoog said...

Yes to dinner, ciabatta bread, moisture for your ground, the ponies getting a day in the barn and you perking up! Wow!

Sandra said...

Val, I am so happy to be feeling better.

The snow has really melted down. It hasn't started rain yet. The moisture is really welcome.

Val, if you can sauté onion and garlic you can make this. The only other things in it are dried thyme, cream and parmesan cheese. I put pork, but it's not necessary. Let the cream thicken a little and add the cheese. Done in less time than it takes to boil the pasta water.

Sandra said...

Lori, I know, I should buy a lottery ticket!

The Happy Whisk said...

yeah same odd snow, sun, oddness here too. Just prepped a non-dairy Alfredo sauce for tomorrow. Your dish looks yummy. I'm glad it's less pain. Sorry to read you were and are hurting. No fun, that. Sending well wishes and huggs.

Anvilcloud said...

Isn't it great that the meds are helping!

Sandra said...

Ivy, snowing again. My DIL is vegan but I'm clueless how to cook for her! Yes, lesspoain feels like a miracle. It's been 3 long years.

Sandra said...

AC, you know it!

Miss Merry said...

Looks delish!!!

Sandra said...

Thank you, Miss Merry!

The Happy Whisk said...

I'll have to post the Alfredo Sauce one day. It's very easy and hubby loves it. Have you tried tempeh or vegan hot dogs for her? We get Life Lite vegan hots dogs and cook them in cast iron. Very good!

Anonymous said...

I haven’t had to cook for her. I figure if I do it would be a tomato sauce with pasta not made with eggs! If you post the recipe I will send it to her. Sandra