Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Rocky Racoon and Other Things

This large fellow sure does enjoy his comforts.


The afghan my grandma made for me is hopelessly covered in cat hair. She made this in the 1960's and it's still hanging in there. I saw Mark's raccoon stroll across the deck last evening toward the cat food for the strays. He got big! He saw me, went off the deck, then stood with his paws resting on the deck and looked at me. Love 'em or hate 'em, they sure are cute. He moved in last year as a youngster. He grew. He and the barn cats coexist peacefully.

We are in for a snow storm tonight and then through the weekend. That's what they say. These things have tended to go around us, so we shall see. We desperately need the moisture. We haven't plowed snow at all this so-called winter.

I am feeling better, the Celebrex has helped with the pain. Why did no one prescribe something like this three years ago? I had to ask for a prescription pain med to get this now. Oh, well....I am better. Slowly, slowly moving toward improving strength and balance, but I need to be patient and take it slow. It took three years to get here, it's not getting better in a week. I did start on my office yesterday. It has become the repository for all things not put away. How on earth did my persnickety self allow this to happen? Only the shadow knows. That's a reference a lot of people wouldn't get. How did I become old? 🤷🏻‍♀️






8 comments:

Boud said...

Aha, I knew the ref. I'm glad the rx is helping. Pain is so debilitating. That's one of the historic afghans that outlast us all!

Sandra said...

Boud, My grandma was a wizard with a crochet hook. From afghans to lace. I gave one just like it to my son, so they live on. Pain certainly is. I've been knocked off my feet and so frustrated. I'm not free of pain, but it is so much better. I figured you would know the reference!

Barbara Anne said...

I know the reference, too, but from my parents as it pre-dates me.

It's good to hear that the Celebrex is helping you and that you're not allergic to it like I was.

Our small guest room has become my dumping ground due to lupus fatigue. I need to turn into the white tornado but for that, I'll need energy. Ha!

Sandra said...

Barbara Anne, ah....that elusive energy! I'm also not old enough to have listened to it on the radio, back in the day when that was the medium, but I did know it from just people using the expression. In the 1970s a local radio station placed the original broadcast of The Shadow, so I have heard it. It was fun to listen.

I'm so happy I'm not allergic to it, it's helping me.

Anvilcloud said...

Celebrex is a daily necessity for me and has been for quite some time. All the best with it.

Sandra said...

AC, thank you. I think it will be a daily necessity for me as well. It really has helped.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes only the shadow knows!
So glad they found something that works for you. I take Cymbalta and the Dr increased the dose again this week, hoping for more improvement!

Sandra said...

Far Side, the shadow and us!

I am really amazed by how well you function. You do have determination.