Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, March 1, 2024

Bounce! Go Ahead....Bounce!

Can you guess his name?


 Bounce!

My good friend, who kept her mare here, named him. He came out of the womb with a bounce. He was probably a weanling, perhaps a yearling in the photo. He's now 22, I think. I had him saddle trained and was ready to sell when we had the market crash and everything went to hell. So he lives with us, along with many others. He and his brother are mischief makers, I think you can see that in him in this photo. Scamper (Judy also named him) is a real naughty pants! They do not grow out of it.

We are breaking temperature records. Sunday will be 70F. In March. In Minnesota. Not good. I blame this weather for my constant sinus problems. It's a misery, let me tell you. Mark is also have trouble with it and that's unusual for him. My son is having a tooth extraction at an oral surgeon today. We wish him luck. They are planning on visiting next Saturday, so I need to start feeling better.

That's all, I guess. I just thought I'd give your day a little Bounce!

14 comments:

Boud said...

That's a cool feller! I hope you feel better soon, everyone else, too.

Anonymous said...

The horse seems to be saying "I am here and ready to go!"

Wind and snow coming my way. The bulk of the storm is in the Sierra Nevada Mt. They are expecting feet of snow only 10 to 12 inches in my area. I am okay with that.

I hope you feel better.
Take Care,,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Bpoud, he and his brother are a couple of clowns! I feel somewhat better. Sinus meds help.

Sandra said...

Kaye, he's a character! Living in a mountainous area does bring in the snow. I'm sure it's beautiful. The weather we are having is new to me. It's disconcerting.

Anvilcloud said...

It is bright and bouncy here today and not too cold.

Lori Skoog said...

I love seeing photos of your horses! Warming up here too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The weather is crazy...all out of whack. Lots of people are getting sinus infections...even the 7 month old baby had one. :( Hope you get to have that birthday celebration!

e said...

Bounce is beautiful! I hope [you can feel better and enjoy that visit.

Sandra said...

AC, bright and sunny this morning. I don't know about bouncy!

Sandra said...

Lori, we will be 70 tomorrow!

Sandra said...

Far Side, both of us have had sinus problems all winter. Ha! What winter!!

Sandra said...

e, he grew up to be a really pretty horse. It's been a recurring issue that can go away anytime now.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry about the sinus issues. Love the name, Bounce. And I'm loving, loving the early sring. Love it.

Sandra said...

Ivy, he was aptly names. I am not loving this weather, it's messing up our eco system.