Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, March 8, 2024

Spark of Floral Color

Sitting with my heating pad on the other side of the room, I get to see these lovely geraniums, which have been blooming all winter. Aren't they pretty. As you can see, yesterday was dreary and windy. We have sunshine today and strong wind. The geraniums and rosemary are oblivious.


I texted the son yesterday to see if we could move to Sunday, giving me one more day to hopefully improve. He has plans so he said let's just do next Saturday, what's one more week. I agreed. That takes pressure off, I'd like to be good company. We could wait till June and do my half birthday!

I missed the State of the Union address last evening. We forgot about it. I did catch the last ten minutes, looks like it may have been interesting. I think it's going to be a bumpy ride.

In the meantime, have the best day you can muster!

16 comments:

Boud said...

Sorry you're still needing more time to be well enough for company. The SOTU was great stuff, really took it to them. Including SCOTUS on Dobbs, yay.

Sandra said...

Boud, I could have got through it but I'd rather be able to enjoy the visit. He was very agreeable to a later date. It's better this way.

Biden perked up! The gloves were off, which is good.

e said...

Sorry to hear to you are having such a tough time. My sympathies. I hope you'll enjoy that visit.

37paddington said...

The state of the union address was a barn burner. Yes, these are uncertain times. Feel better and happy birthday!

Miss Merry said...

Watched the whole thing - and then the rebuttal. Boy was that an interesting experience. I don't mean that in a good way.

Val Ewing said...

Ouch, I hope you get back on your feet soon. Feel better.

I watched the state of the union and I'm glad I did.

Lori Skoog said...

I love sitting on my heating pad every morning before going out to the barn! Is it helping you? I watched every minute and was happy with what was said (Biden did not hold back on anything, but was telling the truth)....hope the Rs were embarrassed due to their lack of cooperation when it comes to governing. They sure make a lot of money for not doing much. The R who spoke afterward reminded me of someone trying out for a middle school play. Some of her comments were the total opposite of reality. Saturday Night Live is going to put her through the wringer. I'm sure you can see both speeches on line and judge for yourself. Hope you feel better soon. Tonight I am as stiff as a board.

Sandra said...

e, I was better, then I took a hard tumble! I am improving daily.

Sandra said...

37paddington. thanks. From what I saw he came to the table!

Anvilcloud said...

Sorry abut your continued struggles. Hopefully, next week will be better.

Sandra said...

Miss Merry, I saw clips of the rebuttal, oh my!

Sandra said...

Val, I would have watched if I'd remembered. I'm improving daily, thanks.

Sandra said...

Lori, it feels good to use the heating pad, I don't know if it helps. Hopefully Biden can keep the energy level he showed up. I love your diescription of her, very good! I don't think they know how to be embarrassed.

Sandra said...

AC, thanks. Let's hope so.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I missed the speech. I haven't watched news in weeks.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I caught the last 10 minutes or so. I've seen clips of the rebuttal. I also stay away from the news.