Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why?


So why did I close off comments. Because I had become a mainlining junkie. I woke up one morning and realized my addiction. When the first thing you do in the morning is turn on the computer to see comments to your blog, before coffee, you have an addiction as strong as any.

When I started to consider what I wrote and how it would impact my following, I knew I had a problem as well. I have never been considered, in my mind as well as by others, as a people pleaser. So imagine my surprise when I realized I was trying to please, not out of kindness, but for ego. This revelation left me a bit weak in the knees.

I may find that writing to silence is uninspiring, as I really enjoyed the interaction with the people I have met from all over the globe. I will probably put the comment feature back at some time. But for now, I need to resume a life in the here and now. Blogland has taken too much of my consciousness. It needs to be put where it belongs; one facet of many in my life.

I am an obsessive personality. I never have done anything by halves. So in this, I can't wean. But please don't think that I wouldn't enjoy an email now and then. I would. I just need to STOP checking the comment box.

Now I need to go finish making chicken soup. I hear it's good for the soul.

No comments: