Saturday, April 3, 2010
In Thirty Minutes
In the span of one half hour I have heard on the morning news:
* 8.2 million jobs have been lost in the past two years.
* Kids are playing the 'choking game'. Purposely choking one another or themselves to receive a brief high as they are asphyxiated. More than 80 kids have died playing this so-called game.
* A Dancing with the Stars participant is receiving serious death threats.
* An anti-government group is ordering the state governors out of office. The FBI calls it exercising free speech.
* There has been a 250% increase in militia groups since President Obama took office.
* iPad goes on sale today. Thousands line up to buy it.
And this is just a lightweight morning show. An interesting glimpse of American society, in abridged form.
* Edited to add the other within the 30 minutes. How could I forget this one.
* The Michigan Militia members who were about to go on a cop-killing spree were arraigned.