Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Buffalo Beast

I don't think this has made it to the usual news sources, but it is on progressive radio. What a schmuck. The Koch brothers have given a great deal of financial backing to Governor Scott Walker. They are also a major source of financing for the Tea Party. This is humorous, even though it is also deplorable. I'll enjoy the humor for now.

click here

The website is getting a lot of hits and is shutting down. Here is a link to the Huffington Post.

Scott Walker Punked

Edited to add:  There is a back story here. Within this bill is a provision for Walker to be able to sell the public utilities, without opening it to bidding, to anyone he chooses for any amount he chooses. Koch Industries is in the energy business.





3 comments:

will said...

I dunno, Punk Walker looks to on the fast track to the White House. Definitely he has Darth Cheney, Bush, Raygun and Nixon (slime) mold DNA. Yippee for us!

A.Smith said...

Not only humorous - shades of Sarah Palin - but perhaps one of those things that ends opening some very tight closed eyes. See here:

"Back when there were some adults in charge of the GOP and conservative movement, frontal assaults like this wouldn’t happen, unless initiated from the other side, like the air traffic controllers. Everything was done in a cloud of purposeful fog. The
prime strategy for winger braintrust was to never get themselves into situations that created clear lines of contrast with liberals and their people friendly domestic policies, because when that happened the right wing would be exposed to their ultimate purpose and folks would side with the left, or dems. Only those issues where they knew they had the advantage, like tax cuts, were openly flogged. This must be making old gooper bulls like Jam Baker just shake their heads and sigh."

"For what it’s worth, I work with a woman who is married to a fella
> who is a member of a public employee union here in SW Ohio. They are both reliable, decades-long, rock-ribbed, pull-yourselves-up-by-your- bootstraps Republicans. My worker just told me that they are both hopping mad about all of this, and her and her husband know who the culprit is – the GOP. She said this union-busting stuff is enough to make them both vote for Democrats going forward. These are people who have signed pictures of Boener and Jean Schmidt in their homes and offices.

(both comments from Balloon Juice)

All I can say is that I read the bill - Barry sent it to me and stayed out of the room because I was about to burst my shoes I was so angry while reading it. All I can add to this is that if the people of Wisconsin do nothing to recall this philistine they deserve the fate that awaits them.

Somehow I knew that sooner or later the repthugs' arrogant
ignorance would pay off. Were they educated in the fines points of politics instead of bringing thugs in, they would have at least read The Prince. I am delighted that the new generation have no idea of what I am talking about in spite of the fact that it was the bible of the GOP in the past.

Elizabeth said...

It's so repulsive -- I can hardly stand it. I know I should take a news break, but I find myself compulsively checking it all out, feeling ever more sick as I do.