Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Happy Days

My Pickle Keeper


It fits perfectly next to the washer, so no going to the basement is necessary. I have to move the laundry hamper, probably to the bedroom, but that is little inconvenience compared to lugging this to the basement and now it's readily available to me. It has a small freezer which I will use for my pestos. It's 4.4 cubic feet of extra for me. I bought it on FB Marketplace. It was in the daughter's college dorm room and is in perfect condition. Spotless. And....only about a 35 minute drive. I'm very pleased!

The things that make us happy do change along the way.

12 comments:

Boud said...

Yes, looking back to our youth when an appliance wouldn't have been as exciting as maybe jewelry!

Sandra said...

Boud, absolutely! I'm sending photos exclaiming my joy over this very great find.

Val Ewing said...

Nice! That looks similar to the fridge my first hubby and I had in our first rental place. But we made it work for over a year!

Happy days indeed!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Way to go and it is good looking too! Our extra fridge is a basic black:)

Lori Skoog said...

Just right. Such a great find and so nice that you don't have to go down to the basement to fill it!

Sandra said...

Val, my first mini fridge! It made my day.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I would have taken any color/shape in good condition. Finding this retro look was icing on the cake!

Sandra said...

Lori, it fits perfectly in the laundry room, a real bonus. It's running fine.

Anonymous said...

Retro Magic... Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

Dawn, it is!! I love it.

e said...

Kitchen jewelry. Yay!

Sandra said...

e, exactly!