Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Pretty Kitty

Button nose tripod kitty wants in on the blog action.


 I got quite a bit of tomatoes processed yesterday. It's now pickle day. We are going to buy a compact refrigerator to put in the basement for the pickles. Fermented pickles will keep in a cool place, like a basement, but they continue to ferment, which makes the last of them quite sharp. I know this from experience. We like them enough to get a pickle keeper.

We are in for very hot weather for the week. God awful humidity, too. I bought an InstantPot when they first came on the market. I was looking for an electric pressure cooker and came upon this thing that not only pressure cooked but slow cooked, too. My crockpot had crocked out, so I bought it. I bring this up because on this hot day I have stock cooking in the InstantPot with no heating up of the kitchen. Perfect.

Time to get myself in a pickle.

6 comments:

Boud said...

I've never had any of them newfangled crockpots or instant pots, hm. I'm not away all day which I think is the big deal for some users. But it might still be good to have something quietly going till I'm ready for it. Noted.

Sandra said...

Boud, I use it all the time for making stock, unless I need more space, then I use my stock pot. I also use it to quick cook dry beans...and on the rare occasion I have a ham I cook it on slow cook with wine and herbs. I've had it a long time and have made use of it.

e said...

Good luck with the pickling project!

Sandra said...

Thanks, e. I've got them fermenting.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun in your pickle! :) Stay cool!

Sandra said...

I had a great time in my pickle! It's a bad week ahead.