Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Meanderings

How life often feels!



I've been listening to a cardinal serenading me through my office window. Amazing how it upped my mood. It often is the small things in life. 

Mark got home in the afternoon after spending the day with clients. I had a nice day of kitchen puttering. He had a good day with people he has known for decades. He's spending today on errands. I will likely kitchen putter again. We are coming up to forty-two years of marriage this month. There's been many rough spots along the way, but I realize I definitely did well with him. I guess I will keep him. He had no idea he was in for a wild ride when he offered to help me pull the top up on my MGA in a parking lot at Como Park!

The morning is nearly gone and I have not even got myself dressed yet. Some days are like that, it's just how it is. Mark is picking up lunch so I don't even have to think about that. He's also picking up a rotisserie chicken for dinner. What a guy! I think I'll make zucchini fritters to go with the chicken.

I started with a cardinal and ended with a chicken. Ha!

14 comments:

Boud said...

That's sounding like a very good day. So, is 42 in fact the answer to everything??

Sandra said...

Boud, it may be.

Pixie said...

That sign made me laugh. Mixed messages. All of my life I've been told that no, what I'm feeling is wrong. I've only just come to realization that what I'm feeling is correct and that people have been lying to me all along. I'm very good at reading people, it's what makes me a good nurse. But growing up and with my first husband I was lied to, constantly. It helps to know this now and helps me to trust my gut and what it tells me.

37paddington said...

Happy anniversary to you two love bird. It's all the sweeter when you've weathered hard years and come out the other side. Long time love can be so beautiful in the simplest of ways, like one picking up rotisserie chicken and the other making zucchini fritters. We're coming up on 37 years this month.

Sandra said...

Pixie, the sign is great! We've had similarities in our lives. I had a horrid mother and a complicit father. I never knew how much it affected me until much later in life. I've met lots of people like me, which is good. Not good that it is common, but good to know you aren't the only one. That you have come to understand it was never you is a big step.

Sandra said...

37paddington, I appreciate Mark more with every passing year. He was a naive man and I was....a lot! He wouldn't let me go and now I am so grateful for his single-minded attitude. He is number 3 for me, so I was not new to the game. I told him today after he brought home lunch I might be a little spoiled. He smiled and said maybe. Ha!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice guy bringing you lunch:) Possibly he is a keeper!

e said...

You found yourself a keeper. Congratulations on 42 years and I hope you enjoy lunch and dinner. Many days are spent in PJs here. Thanks again for your kind emails.

Sandra said...

Far Side, possibly! :)

Sandra said...

e, sometimes it takes awhile to grow up. It will be 42 years on the 14th. I think 3 might be the answer to everything. 3 men, the first two 3 years each. Then 3 years before I married Mark. I did get dressed, but I don't always. I hope you are feeling a little better. Grief is necessary but so hard.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful 42 years, and you still enjoy one another, that is a gift.

I had an MG, it was British Racing Green!

Take Care,
Kaye

Sara said...

I begin most mornings hearing and seeing the cardinals from my home office. It's a great way to begin the day. Far Side pointed me to your blog after your comment on her post a few days ago to point out our Renville connection. Maybe our paths crossed at some point many years ago. My blog is http://mysewingroomsara.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Kaye, we had rocky times along the way but we are a good team and have been for quite awhile. he is a kind man.

I looked up that color, snazzy!

Sandra said...

Sara, yes it is. This morning I have crows!
Mark's bother's office in Redwood was Nester & Nester CPA. You may have crossed paths, there were a lot of them!