Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall is in the air & cooking is on my mind

The apple tree is full of beautiful red apples, the garden is bursting with tomatoes and herbs and I feel like cooking! Today I decided to put together a lasagna and the kitchen smells of garlic and fresh basil. That large bunch of beautiful, aromatic basil that Deb, my helper, brought to me is what got my mind on lasagna. So yesterday I bought some fresh mozzarella and a piece of Grana Padano and set about my task today. It is sitting covered on the stove allowing the flavors to blend so it can be our dinner for the evening. A bottle of Cabernet and a nice salad as an accompaniment, what more can I possibly want!

Maybe a fresh apple pie from the apples on the tree. Ah, well. I know I don't have the time for that.

No comments: