Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, September 14, 2008

More Laundry Than the Law Should Allow

I spent this weekend in a flurry of cleaning. Saturday was a rainy day, but we had the horses out and cleaned the barn in the morning. Mark took care of them in the afternoon so I could try to work my way through THE MESS. Today it rained all day, so the equines were in and the long-suffering Mark took care of the feeding.
I spent TWO days doing laundry and clearing out 'stuff'. My friend of many years, a trainer of horses and people, told me a long time ago that she didn't trust anyone in the horse business who had a clean house. She can trust me implicitly! But, as time has gone on I have looked around, only occasionally to be sure, and have found myself seriously lacking in the home skills. I washed stuff all weekend long, okay some of it came from the barn, but all weekend. I have bags of items for the Goodwill and two large leaf bags for cloth recycling. How does anyone accumulate so much junk? 
After all of this, I still have a mess, but I have less clutter, or I will have when the multiple bags leave the house. But I seriously doubt my friend will ever need to worry about trusting me, for I am a hopelessly engrossed individual who has fleeting fancies about normalcy and order, but who will never be able to maintain such fantasies for more than a weekend! But it is fun to think otherwise for a brief, but lovely moment.

2 comments:

JeanRDH said...

Enjoy the conquest!

Sandra said...

Is that what it is? If you put it that way, YAHOO!!!!