Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another Good Reason For Elastic

Tuesday began as a gray day with light snow. I boiled a couple of soup bones Monday, so before I turned out the horses I started a pot of vegetable beef barley soup for lunch. The sun came out in the meantime, but the soup was still a wonderful warming meal on a winter day.


After lunch I made a batch of cookies. The savory smell of soup gave way to the delightfully sweet smell of sugar and chocolate.



An afternoon nosh of cookies accompanying a nice cup of tea. I feel absolutely spoiled!




I have to give credit where it is due. The recipe for these fantastic cookies came from MAY ALL SEASONS BE SWEET TO THEE   

9 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Oh my! Those cookies look gooooood!!! The soup does, too!

I don't have the urge for soup here, like I did in snow country. I think I miss the making of it more than the soup itself.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Oh my ... I'm drooling. Enjoy some for me! (I don't see the link/credit for your cookies on the blog.)

Sandra said...

The cookies are good! I love making soup as well. And eating it. : )

Bonnie, fixed the link. Hope you are getting through you diet change.

Dawn said...

Oh, what a lovely surprise! I am SO HAPPY that you made and like the Black Tie cookies. (I just ate one of the last ones myself.)
The soup looks great. I would make soup much more often if my husband didn't despise it. :)
Thank you for all of your kind notes these past few days, I appreciate you.
xo

Sandra said...

Your cookies are fabulous! Sweet and chocolatety! I found coconut oil and used it as you suggested. I did add walnuts 'cause I like nuts in cookies, but they sure aren't needed.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Yum! Sounds like a perfect day to me :) -Tammy

Sandra said...

It was a good day. Can't miss when cookies and tea are involved!

Deb said...

I love the photo of the tea and cookies, lovely tea cup. I want those chocolate cookies now...Too bad you live so far away!

Sandra said...

It is too bad. Many things may be shared via cyberspace, but tea and cookies aren't one of them. : )