Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, March 9, 2009

Approaching The End Of Winter

In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.
Mark Twain


We have red squirrels. They are garrulous little things. I caught this one racing for a tree.





Dreary, bleak March. This is what springtime looks like here. Gloomy and dirty and unfortunately, once again icy. If all goes well, there should be some kind of relief in April. Or not. I'm going to believe that there will be. If there isn't, my belief one way or the other won't have mattered. So I might as well believe the best.

5 comments:

Ganeida said...

I dunno. That's pretty. You should see the muck we're looking at just now. It's autumn & still warm enough to bring a cyclone right down the coast. Ugly is no name for it.

Sandra said...

There is a bleak sort of beauty to it and I would be able to see it more clearly if I were not so weighed down by the work this year has brought me. : )

You sure in a right mess over there. I saw news reports on the cyclone going along the NE area of Oz. I love the beauty of the vegetation, but I don't believe I would enjoy living in the sub-tropics. I usually don't hate winter the way I have this year, but it's been a bad one for keeping livestock.

I hope you don't float away!

Ganeida said...

Yeah, it's been a hard year all round I think. The weather is just shocking everywhere & the news abysmal...

Ashley Dumas said...

I know I complain about the heat but really other than 1-2 months a year, Sub tropic living is quite wonderful. I am sorry about all your ice. It does look difficult if you actually have to get out in it : )
Take care,

Ash

Sandra said...

That's cause you are from GA and you are used to the humidity. : ) I'm a northerner and don't do so well with it! It sure is beautiful though.