Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm the Greatest Star, Uh Huh

So I was watching Funny Girl until the damn satellite went out AGAIN. I love this movie, despite the obvious shmontses (silliness). I suppose because I was the ethnic girl, the nebbish. I didn't look like anyone else, I didn't think like anyone else, I was not like anyone else. So I put on a game face and went out and made sure I was never like anyone else.

Too bad it didn't lead me someplace. But where is someplace, if not where you are? I was never a star, but I have been a presence. I'm a diva in work boots.  A queen whose scepter is a manure fork. A star on the stage of my barn, with my horses as my adoring audience. Fanny Brice, aka Streisand, has nothing on me. Well, she did have Omar Sharif. 


8 comments:

Ganeida said...

You go girl! What is a star but a shining light in her own sphere? MY cat thinks I'm the proverbial whiskers. What more could I ask for?

Sandra said...

I love it, a shining light in my own sphere. Now I shall surely be incorrigible! I do believe Iss is the star of your sphere. : )

Ganeida said...

Iss & I,, we have that mutual admiration society thing going!

Judy said...

"Tis a gift to be simple,
Tis a gift to be free,
Tis a gift to come down,
Where we ought to be
And when we find ourselves
In the place that's right
"Twill be in the valley
of love and delight"

19th century shaker hymm

It seems you have found your love and delight!

Sandra said...

Ganeida, we look for admiration where we can find it!

Judy, that's beautiful. I may need to put that in my ever crowned sidebar.

I don't know if I found it or fell into it, but here I am.

Alexandra said...

Thanks for making me smile

Memories Of Mine said...

Doing something you love and being happy is more important than the amount of people who know your name.

Sandra said...

Making someone smile is half the battle!

Sometimes I thought too many people knew my name. Over the last few years I have started to slip into ignominy. Not necessarily a bad place to be. ; )