Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Peaceful

Even though cold!


Everyone who lives in mild climes, these photos are for you to feel the 'spirit'. We had some light snow a couple of days ago and it looks light and sparkly. More snow on the way tonight, so we are guaranteed a White Christmas. Too bad it's accompanied by very cold weather. I saw this AM that Christmas day will be below zero.

We reached 5 above yesterday and it felt like a heat wave! The handyman came out and put the tarp over the north door in the indoor arena, put the tarp over the north door of the cold barn and hung a gate. We were waiting for it to warm up!! Supposed to reach 20 today.

5 comments:

Ashley Dumas said...

Thank you for those Lovely pics! I felt the cristally cold air just looking at those beautiful drifts of snow: )
Of course it is easy to enjoy it from my 70 degree with the window open apartment, but still lovely to imagine all that snow and fresh air. The same goes for the tropical photos I suppose. The beautiful palms and blue water without the heat, mosquitos and humidity!
: )

Have a nice day

Ash

Christy Fritz said...

Thanks from me too.
These are awesome views.
Makes me sad we won't see a MA snow this year for Christmas.
Those days will come though.

Glad you are "stocked" for the cold. Very good things to be thankful for. My husband had a diesel up in MA when I met him. I always liked how it sounded. Strange I guess.

take care in the cold!!
christy :)

Ganeida said...

Lovely to look at...Glad it's not me! :) You are hardy souls is all I can say.

Grammy Dianne said...

Sandra, the snow pictures are lovely. Up in Northeast GA we get very little snow. It's been in the high 60's today, usually warm.

I'm so glad you have recovered quickly and had a good result with your surgery.

Have a good day!

Dianne (Ash's Mom)

Sandra said...

We are expecting more snow over the next few days, so I'll be able to post some proper winter photos.

I am partial to a diesel truck, nothing works like one. The problem I have is when I'm on a longer haul, the hum of the diesel engine lulls me to sleep. I need someone to keep me occupied so I don't get caught in the trance.

Dianne, I'm doing great, thanks to you and Ashley!