Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Drinkers Of The Wind

That's what we are told the Bedouin called the Arabian horse. 

I have written very little lately about my horses. It's not that they aren't a part of my everyday life, or that I have less interest in them than I have had. It's the time of year. It's cold, they are wooled up and scruffy. The days are short and little happens in our world. 

Kristina still rides Zing 3 - 4 times per week, but the sessions are shorter and inside......

We have a lesson scheduled for Monday, but I don't think we will go. It's supposed to be cold, the high in the low single digits and I don't want to haul him in that, especially coming home when he is warm from work. So, I don't have much to say on the horse front, except they eat a lot and they keep me busy. Winter is upon us and we have hunkered down. Mostly I'm pleased I don't have anything to say about them, because during the winter it would probably mean something went wrong.

For the next couple of months we'll keep our backs to the wind and our heads down!

2 comments:

Ganeida said...

We use Sonlight for Ditz's history/English curriculum & last unit we read King of the Wind, which was about the history of the Arabian ~ sort of...I think. I didn't actually read all of it. Not being a horsey person I knew very little, only what I read. lol. When my friend, Siano finds me again after the blog crash I will direct her your way. She is a horsey person & I'm sure she will find your blog fascinaing. I'm a cat person & horses just aren't the same, you know. Really hard to take one to bed on a cold winter's night for a cuddle. :D

Sandra said...

Oh but......right now they are so fuzzy it's like hugging a plush toy. There is nothing like burying your face in a warm, wooly horse. And some of them actually hug you back. I wouldn't want one on my bed, though. : )