Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, January 2, 2009

It's Friday, But I'm Still Thankful


Consider the wheelbarrow. It may lack the grace of an airplane, the speed of an automobile, the initial capacity of a freight car, but its humble wheel marked out the path of what civilization we still have.
Hal Borland

I GOT THE SKID LOADER BACK LAST NIGHT! YIPPEE!!!

Beth, Mark and I worked hard yesterday and we made a respectable dent in the mess. Mark had to push wheelbarrows, as the machine was still MIA. He couldn't get up the hill because of ice, so we had a manure mountain created right outside the barn door. Beth thought I should take a photo and post it, but I told her some things are best left to the imagination!

Amazing what a difference a day makes. I have a smile on my face and a spring in my step, all due to a green machine. Beth and I will really be able to dig in and dig out today. Sort of a sad commentary on my life that I'm so excited about a John Deere! 


7 comments:

Jean L. said...

I share your excitement! Whoopee!

Ashley Dumas said...

Hooray for the tractor! It is remarkable that you have a spring to your step after all the daunting weather and chores that you have had! : ) Glad to hear you guys are back in the modern world!

Bye for now,

Ash

dressage rider said...

I completely understand your enthusiasm! We just need our tools and when you have as many as you do, power helps!
By the way, I see you have my favorite dressage youtube video on your video bar - the gray mare doing dressage so beautifully and happily.
I was using Arab Datasource, which I love, and ran across a survey that said it is used mostly by middle-aged females. Sigh. If the shoe fits! Oh well, I still love it, especially the photos - 11,000 now! I put Cassidy on it.

JeanRDH said...

Hallelujah! Enjoy your day with Beth.
I am jealous!

dressage rider said...

We suddenly have brilliant sunshine here in the east. So, back outside to do more chores! I just keep telling myself that I have it easy. You can do it, Sandra!

Sandra said...

Beth and I got it done!!!!!! We are both Wonder Woman. And Beth does not complain and she told me was still happy to be here after some particularly bad stalls. : ) What a trooper she is. I think there is something to the saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

d.r., I love the video of that mare. That is what dressage is supposed to be and what we so rarely see. You can always find someone who has it worse. : ) We are supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow, which would really help my cause. Go to a horse show and you see the demographics, middle age women, of which I can't possibly be one of, can I? I'm prematurely gray, really!

Jean L., you know better than most how it can be. Jean has more horses than I do, if you can believe it!

Jean RDH, you wouldn't have been jealous very long. We had a lot of hard work. You can be jealous when Beth and I go to lunch to celebrate our big accomplishment!

Ashley, I like that thought, that I have entered the age of modernity!

OK, I'm hungry and need to feed my dogs and then us. How is it our work is never done?

Ganeida said...

Oh goody! Yippee for thingy~me~bobs that make the work easier!