Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Simple Life



The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest

Thomas More

We had a long, busy day yesterday and it's not over yet, but today will get us caught up. The horses and the work didn't do me in, so I'm ready to do it all over again today. It's a good thing I rarely reflect on the futility of it, for it would drive me mad!

After a long day we had a nice evening with a dinner of crab cakes, spicy rice, salad and chardonnay. We watched Juno on HBO and I was surprised how entertaining it is. The film was hyped so much I expected not to like it. I did like it, it was a gentle film and I didn't expect that.

There is nothing like a warm house, good food and a nice movie when your body is tired. 

4 comments:

EveryoneThinksThey'reGoodDrivers said...

Juno has been on my list too.

I had crab cakes last night as well! Your recipe - they were very good.

Thanks again for the recipe - I'm having them for lunch today too!

Sandra said...

i just had a crab cake sandwich for lunch, we are on the same wave length.

Ashley Dumas said...

Oh I wish I was eating Crab cakes too! Yes the comforts of a peaceful, bountiful home are priceless.

: ) : )

Sandra said...

Peaceful is relative, but we tend to eat well! Did you ever make the fish cakes?