Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Twixt Thinks And Thanks

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.
Wayne W. Dyer


My Thursday is muddled between my Thinks and my Thankfulness, so I will meld them together today.

I'm so very thankful for Babe's unexpected surge of life at the critical moment and her ensuing recovery. This ranks right at the top as one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. I'm cautiously optimistic about Gracie's recovery, she has been doing better the last few days.

It's the Democratic party, not the Democrat party. A Democrat is a member of the Democratic party. I know this started with the Republican Revolution in 1994 and some wordsmith decided Democratic sounded too inclusive and egalitarian, so everyone dropped the 'ic'. I can't stand it. So politicians and talking heads, please stop.

I think America elected Democrats because they didn't think Republican policies have worked. So why are the Republicans being given so much face time as they tout the same old, same old...tax cuts. That sure created a lot of jobs and prosperity for the average fellow over the past 8 years, didn't it.

I've had enough of winter. Either this winter has been gruelling or I have become soft. I dread going outside, something which is new for me. I've always rather liked winter. I think it's probably been a harsh one.

I'm going to tend my gardens better this year. I need to focus my attentions better than I have been doing. I love my gardens, but I have let them go for several years. Either take care of them or don't have them! I'm going to try to tend the people in my life better also. I really don't put much attention into that and I believe I should rethink this. I had so much fun the couple of times I was on one of my horses and out and about with friends last year that I think I need to consider doing more of it. So, perhaps tending my gardens is a metaphor. Perhaps all of these items are my garden and I need to tend them.

I think blogging is a strange idiosyncrasy. Which seems to make it a perfect medium for me, but also makes me wonder why someone (me) wants to sit down and write thoughts and opinions and send them out into cyber-space for consumption. Odd.

Did I mention I'm weary of winter? I'm very weary of winter. The only thing that is keeping me from courting the idea of spring is the mud it brings. I'm a torn person.




No comments: