Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just Call Me Fool

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction. ~ Cowboy saying

Four days of forced captivity. Now we are suddenly at 20 degrees and windy, up from -28 yesterday morning. Ah, Minnesota.

Four days of forced captivity  and windy.......not words you want together when you have to handle the 1000 pound beasts. Mark told me years ago he wished I had become involved in something safe, like mountain climbing. This was actually said while he was conscripted as breeding help, handling a mare who's not so sure she likes the idea is NOT for the faint of heart. But, that's not the problem today. Horses wound tighter than a clock and wind. Thanks a lot.

If I don't return you know that either: a. I'm in the hospital or: b. I'm in the morgue. If one or the other happen, all I can do is hope I took the culprit with me!

4 comments:

Ashley Dumas said...

Yikes, Good luck Sandra, I certainly do hope you return in one piece!

Ash : )

Sandra said...

I returned, I'm in one piece! The stallions and my old American Saddlebred gelding were helium balloons, but everyone else was good. There is nothing like 1000 lbs of testosterone to wake you up! But, I have to give it to the old ASB gelding, he held his own with the stallions, and he weighs more, too. : )

EveryoneThinksThey'reGoodDrivers said...

Oh, I'll bet it was interesting turning those guys out!

Glad you only had a couple that wanted to fly away in the wind...

Sandra said...

Interesting is one way of looking at it! : )