Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, February 2, 2009

LOLA!

Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden...
Author Unknown

I know everyone is going to be tired of the fact that I learned how to post videos. Blame my friend Jeni. 

This cracks me up. I don't want to disillusion my blogger friends (or some of you who have known me awhile), but I had a life before the farm and it was rather different from this. I used to hang out at Froggy's on Lake St. on Friday nights with the transvestites and this was a favorite song. I remember a duplex I lived in, in the Wedge neighborhood of Minneapolis. One night, late, the neighbors had a big party and a bunch of drunken young men were in the yard singing this. They had no idea what it was about, but they sure were having a good time!

It's a, fun, mischievous song by one of the great bands, the Kinks. I'll stop. I think. But it's an enjoyable way to spend my time in the evening and it makes me laugh. So bear with me. I'll go back to being my age eventually! 


2 comments:

EveryoneThinksThey'reGoodDrivers said...

That song has become a timeless goodie - and can be found in just about every jukebox across the country (in the bars of course).

Isn't the video thing fun?! I take it you figured out the links okay?

Sandra said...

You are the cause of my video download overload! I stay up too late laughing at the old stuff. : )