Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Poetry Wednesday

A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards.  ~A.A. Milne
A Nice Cup of Tea

A nice cup of tea solves so many things,
Like how to calm down when the front doorbell rings.
If you take long enough they’ll just go away,
Or they’ll need a hot drink, "Chamomile or Earl Grey?"

“Won’t you please share a cup?” make’s a new friend for life.
It’s amazing how tea solves all troubles and strife.
It’s calm on the ocean.
  It’s peace in the soul.
It even drinks nicely when it’s gone icy cold.

Take the load off your feet.
  Relax your sore mind.
Be good to yourself.
  What tea can we find?
Black, green or herb?
  They’re all a delight.
They’re good for your health.
  Tea makes everything right.

Here’s the answer to problems.
  World peace it could bring.
Who can argue and fight when the kettle steam sings?
It’s a miracle drink!
  No doubt about that.
You can drink it all day, it won’t make you fat.

And a frightening big stranger, or large law enforcer,
Seems suddenly kind holding teacup and saucer.
It just goes to show how good life can be,
When all troubles are solved with a nice cup of tea.

B. A. Llewellyn

I am a tea drinker. I thought I needed a light little bit of fun for Poetry Wednesday!

6 comments:

Kacie said...

I am a tea drinker as well. Had a cup of green tea with lemon and honey yesterday... and later a cup of black tea! But in the morning... it's coffee! Unless we're out of beans... :P

Sandra said...

Me too, coffee in the AM. I always have my afternoon cup of tea. It really does relax me.

Ganeida said...

I don't drink tea but I do like A.A. Milne. Pooh has the right idea ~ always go for the sweetest thing around. :)So why do I like coffee & dark bitter chocolate? lol. Consistant I am not.

Sandra said...

I'm drinking a cup of tea as I type. It makes me feel better. I believe Pooh has the right idea about life as well. Mt son loved Tigger as a child.

Inconsistency makes you interesting!

Susan said...

Love the poem -- and also being a tea drinker, I appreciate that angle of it as well. I know you don't like flavored teas, but I was in a peach mood when I went to Indigo yesterday and bought a lovely peach Ooolong and a organic peach white tea. Nothing better to soothe the mood than a nice cup of tea. I still love my cup of coffee in the morning while I am getting ready, but the rest of the day is all about tea.

Sandra said...

I have to meet you for lunch sometime and pick up some more of the tea. It's so much better than what I can buy locally.

I don't know what it is about a cup of tea, but I always feel a little better. I have a lovely collection of English bone china cups I used to use, but stopped. I think I'll start again. Nothing like a cuppa in a beautiful cup.